Cee Bailey Windshield"s

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
Hello folks, I am really enjoying the windshield I got off ebay, it's a slipstream, its great, However I may also want a taller one at times, especially on long trips, less windnoise. Does anyone have a Cee Baliley type windshield and how do you like it if you do..???Here's the site.. https://www.ceebaileys.com/honda/gl1100ws.html Oh I really need a review because I may order one soon.

I was wanting to know how well the vent works, Dan you cut a vent in, how well does it work, my question is would you do it again, and does it obstruct your view at all? I am perfectly happy with the slipstream shield I have now ...But... Summer is coming and the bugs are freakin giant here in my home State of Texas, they are like mongo jumbo bugs that will carry you away and they hurt your face when they splat your lip or nose...and it's a mess, once I got hit by a small stone off the highway, hit me smack in the chest and yes, it left a mark, those were my 750 days with no shield, I'm just glad it wasn't my face or neck.. I am really wanting a option on the shields I love looking over the shield I have but I'm just think of those bugs..I'd rather wipe the bugs off the shield rather than my face, ha ha..

Originally I put the vent in to try and at least reduce the buffeting I get in my full face helmet.
Word was out on the street (the net) by opening the vent the pressures are equalized and that would get rid of the buffeting, well it didn't help at all with that but it does help get cooler air behind it when it's real hot riding.

I would do it again not so much for the gains as it looks good.

Thanks Dan, there's nothing like asking someone with experianced that a guy can trust for a honest anwser..

this would be a great place to tell your stories of riding with or without a shield, I know you guys have stories.. :popcorn:

Ok, I just ordered Ginger a new windshieild without a vent, the vent was an extra 75 dollars so I figure it like this, I'm skilled, I will just cut in my own if I need one like Dan did..My total cost was $90 for them to ship and all..I order the tallest one and the clear one.

Cee Baily makes a pretty good product. I know a few folks that have them on their 650 Burgmans & like them. If my Clearview cracks again I'm getting the Cee Baily for My Burgman.
I have a Cee Baily on my Helix & am very satisfyed with it. Its shightly thicker than the stock.

As for the vented windshield. I had one on my 95 SE.
Pros. Very nice to have on hot days. Lets through welcomed air.
Cons. Bug guts still gets through it & onto you. Kind of a pain to clean.

I installed round Vetter vents in my shield in hopes of improving the air flow to my full face. I have some improvement of flow but not as much as I had hoped for. :heat:

I gave 35 bucks for the vents and couldn't find a cheap hole saw (3 1/4") therefore it was another 20 bucks to be able to cut the holes. :head bang:

They were easy to install and pop open and close well but for the slight improvement in air flow I believe the money could have been better spent.

Yeh, I can almost kick myself now because I should have just paid the extra with the vent installed I think... Rats :doh: ... I shall survive this..It's only a minor set ..ha ha Gary, I had those same type round vents on my Yamaha XS-1100, it had a vetter fairing, nice bike, I remember those vents well...

ahhhh what the heck Ginger and I deserve good stuff so I called the company back and I asked if it was too late to change it to having a windshield with the vent installed. I asked them to add it so I will now have the vent..Cool..now I'm broke..aaaahh and the wife will get the hickory stick out again..oh man..

I purchased a taller windshield for my 83 1100I (used) and I can definitely appreciate the much reduced noise when I have my visor up on the full face helmet. However, one drawback I wasn't aware of (and almost not ready for) was how the friggin things acts like a sail with any strong cross-wind. Practically had me switch lanes on a major highway going home from work the other day. Yeah, I didn't stay on the highway very long...Took the next exit and followed the back roads home. I used to watch the local weather for JUST rain...Now I know to watch for windy days as well. . . .
:sensored:

That has to be something that most of us would never consider, or even give a second thought too, I'm glad I will be keeping my shorter one.. Wow Thanks Rick you may have just saved someone's life by mentioning this..that's great information man..

Definitely something for those of us living in the land of Santa Ana winds to consider. Glad to know about this windshield company... Local for me, too. Might have to get one.

Mark

I must not be riding fast enough. I do not get buffeting. Windshield is about where is is 'supposed' to be - below eye level.

That is a deal on the shield though. I bookmarked that.

I scratched my current one when the bike fell over and pinned the windshield under my drill press table.

It is a wonder it didn't bust out the front of the fairing. They are flexible - was bent at about a 45 deg. angle before I moved the drill press/and picked up the bike.

I had it on the center stand. First time taking it off the center stand not used to the weight/balance. That was a big DOH!

I might buy one of those next time. I like mine the way it is so I probably wouldn't spring for the vent.

Latest posts