Confession

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
I had a moment of weakness last night. As I stated in another thread, I made a trip to Chaparral Motorsports last night for a look see at a few accessories. It was there than I notice a row of shiny new Goldwings.

I decided to mosey by, just to take a look, when I spotted her. She was blue and stunningly beautiful. I approached and ever so gently, touched her left grip. I moaned a little. I stepped around for a view of her dash and it was then I noticed what a fine dash it was.

With a little hesitancy, I threw my leg over and settled into her saddle. I knew it was wrong, but it felt oh-so right. With little thought, I hoisted her off of her side stand and with her full weight under my control, realized how light she really was. She seemed much smaller and lighter than my girl at home. I had nearly taken full leave of my senses when the thought of my girl at home snapped me back to attention.

I quickly put her back down on her side stand and got back off the saddle. I admired the contour of her seat one more time and with a bit of shame, I stepped away.

I couldn’t afford her, anyway.

Even though there was no ignition, I feel so dirty.

Mark

It's not cheating unless ya took it for a ride.... :blush:

that's my story, and I'm stickin wid it.... :roll:

You know what, though? There’s more. Oh, the shame.

I mentioned I admired her dash? Well, I neglected to tell you I fondled her knobs a little. I know, I know…. But they are so much more accessible then they are on my girl; they’re right there in front of you, instead of lower and to the left.

It was pure lust, I admit. Don’t get me wrong, though, I still love my bike. But man…….

Mark

LOL
Now I understand why they use female pronoun for motorcycles.

As for 2012 GW, I hear BMW tourer is much better. It (oh she) got electronically height adjustable windshield.

Start saving for 2014 or whenever the next major model change! :hihihi:

skiri251":29v96hct said:
LOL

As for 2012 GW, I hear BMW tourer is much better. It (oh she) got electronically height adjustable windshield.

in some ways the bmw is better but in most ways it is not, i test rode the bmw last year also

detdrbuzzard":2yywbblb said:
skiri251":2yywbblb said:
LOL

in some ways the bmw is better but in most ways it is not, i test rode the bmw last year also

Either one will be much better than my OldWing I guess. Maybe I should test ride them. The newest motorcycle I rode is circa 1990 BMW K100RS. LOL.

I read a 2012 GW article somewhere. The writer was a hardcore GoldWinger who bought every generation of GWs. He said he bought 2012 because he is a hardcore but Honda could have done it much better for 2012. I like the 2012 styling though.

dan filipi":1q1wbg06 said:
It's ok to look at the menu as long as you don't sample anything.
Tell that to your wife!!! I'd like to get her opinion! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: (You'd be eating and sleeping out in the shed around here!) :whip:

detdrbuzzard":2rmhwsrh said:
skiri251":2rmhwsrh said:
LOL

I have to agree that the BMW is better.
The new 1600gt is the most incredible motorcycle Ive ever riden.I really believe honda missed the mark on the new goldwing.The cosmetic changes (To look more like a beemer) are not enough when the compatition offers most of the options as standard equipment plus power stands,power windshield standard ABS,throttle by wire and a much cleaner lay out and use of controlls.And man does that big inline six move.

I love my classic wing,but if I where to by new it would be the beemer.We wont even mention the dealer quality differance in Grand Rapids between the honda shops and Grand Rapids BMW.

Tory":38uhrioq said:
MarkB":38uhrioq said:
I'm just a lottery win away from becoming a polygamacyclist.

Mark

I have four bikes.
Does that make me a morman or a shiek?

Mmmm, I think the term is, "hoarder"! :smilie_happy:

Just kidding.... And jealous.....

Mark

Tory":2wr3dbwe said:
detdrbuzzard":2wr3dbwe said:
skiri251":2wr3dbwe said:
LOL

I have to agree that the BMW is better.
The new 1600gt is the most incredible motorcycle Ive ever riden.I really believe honda missed the mark on the new goldwing.The cosmetic changes (To look more like a beemer) are not enough when the compatition offers most of the options as standard equipment plus power stands,power windshield standard ABS,throttle by wire and a much cleaner lay out and use of controlls.And man does that big inline six move.

I love my classic wing,but if I where to by new it would be the beemer.We wont even mention the dealer quality differance in Grand Rapids between the honda shops and Grand Rapids BMW.
according to bmw the 1600gt is a sport-tourer and the gtl feels like a sport-tourer with bigger bags

Been there .......Done that....Got the t-shirts
In 1995 I made the cash buy of a lifetime & got a beautiful 1995 Pearl Majenta SE with all the bells & whistles & knobs!!
Today I stay away & off those things.
Oh so beautiful.......( Then I want & want) :rocks:
And oh so many payments!!!!! :heat:

I have 4 bikes TOO And the bank doesn't have a piece of any! :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :yahoo:
Life is good!

yes the payments are what keeps me inline ....i just love getting a 30yr old diamond in the rough to bring back to the road .....and the bank has never been involve in my bike tribe of golden oldwing collection ...my neighbor has one of those bmws he rides it about never ... :mrgreen:

Latest posts