Cooling system mod ideas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214459#p214459:3a0j3x71 said:
saganaga » Today, 5:40 pm[/url]":3a0j3x71]
Move to Fairbanks. ;)

Well, Fairbanks ain't much different than say... St. Paul... :smilie_happy: which ain't much better than... oh... Cedar Rapids... :yes:

I know the oldwing cooling system quite well and know all principals of the parts ...believe me ...there are many things that can go on in different climates around the world of oldwings .... and there power level ...I’m a hot Rod caveman and know my stuff big time ..

I have forgotten Joe, but that was the first attempt to enlarge the cooling reservoir system on mine also, added a long hose. Backyard minds think alike. lol

Well we done a lot of like work ...even if we bump heads along the way ...so far I’m very encourage...but it cool here for fla ...but I havnt lost any coolant yet at all and I’ve hit it hard several times ....bike is running super fast in these conditions ....after ride today radiator wasn’t really even warm to touch ...

Good news so far, Joe... but RETORQUE the heads... as you put it through heat cycles, the parts settle in, causing the mating geometry to change... gotta recheck torque on all of the bolts to assure that you get proper and even gasket pressure.

Latest posts