CQ CQ CQ de N2PPN (Hello to all from Rich N2PPN)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2ppn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy everybody!

Name's Rich

Call is N2PPN (it's a Ham Radio thing... yes, I am a Ham Radio Operator, not a geek, just a little twisted)

I currently own/ride a 1981 GL1100 with a Hondaline fairing installed in 1982 ands Shoei Color matched bags/trunk also installed in 1982.

The GL1100 is my second bike, my first bike is/was a 1977 Suzuki 380GT three cylinder two stroke street bike. Still got her in the shed waiting for the day I drag her out and start to renovate her worn carcass.

I am also a member of another GoldWing Internet forum where you would go to look for DOCumentS (wink wink) where I posted a rather detailed account of restoring my beloved GW back into service after about 10 or 11 years acting as a clothes tree and storage space. (Just search for "Project Resurrection From The Back Of The Garage")

I am always seeking out new ideas and other GW owners who have enjoyed the pleasure of working on their rides and have had the satisfaction of modifying and improving their "Trusty Steeds". I guess what brought me here was the Poorboy Alternator forum and postings... I am excited to read all about that engineering feat as it is developed and refined by you guys...

OK, I chewed your ears off long enough so anyways, glad to be here and hope I can contribute to the forums...

Rich

Hey man, glad you joined the site, the fella's here are really cool, not so fast to bite your headoff...Lot's of good reading here....

Welcome aboard! I wish I still had my old 550gt. I'd love to see yours resurrected. Wish it was in my garage. We have a few other ham radio guys here.

Just checked out your album...Ravenswood, Jones Beach......I used to deliver fuel to both via small coastal tankers! Now it is mostly brought in by barge.

to mcgovern61,

I also do alot of work for TransCanada and US PowerGen as well as Astoria Energy (Florida Power & Light)..

The US PowerGen sites in Brooklyn (Gowanus Gas Turbines and The Narrows) are both FLOATING power Plants!!

The Biggest Floating Power Plants in the World I believe! and they have fuel barges docked alongside at the piers with the GE Turbine Barges....

I'll bet a whole lot of fuel goes in those puppies!!

Rich

Oh and the Boss Hoss is a trike with a 350CID V8 Corvette Engine in it.... just Google up "Boss Hoss" My buddy Steve is scared to totally "twist it to the stop" on that monster.... they even make one that only has two wheels but still has the 350 in it.... I'll see if I can find a picture of one that I saw at Oak Beach one Sunday morning about three months ago...

Rich

Welcome from WD8JJY in ohio. You'll enjoy this group.

n2ppn":4y2jfv0l said:
The US PowerGen sites in Brooklyn (Gowanus Gas Turbines and The Narrows) are both FLOATING power Plants!!
GOWANUS!!! I used to deliver fuel via tanker up the canal...man what a stink in summer! We were told to not even let the water touch your boots it was so toxic! :shock: :shock:

I understand they finally got the bypass pumps working and are actually flushing the canal now.

Hello,

GREETINGS AND HILUSINATIONS AS ONE HAM HERE IN AURORA SAYS!

73'S N5MDV / AFA8FJ USAFMARS

n2ppn":29bdpkq7 said:
Howdy everybody!

Name's Rich

Call is N2PPN (it's a Ham Radio thing... yes, I am a Ham Radio Operator, not a geek, just a little twisted)

I currently own/ride a 1981 GL1100 with a Hondaline fairing installed in 1982 ands Shoei Color matched bags/trunk also installed in 1982.

The GL1100 is my second bike, my first bike is/was a 1977 Suzuki 380GT three cylinder two stroke street bike. Still got her in the shed waiting for the day I drag her out and start to renovate her worn carcass.

I am also a member of another GoldWing Internet forum where you would go to look for DOCumentS (wink wink) where I posted a rather detailed account of restoring my beloved GW back into service after about 10 or 11 years acting as a clothes tree and storage space. (Just search for "Project Resurrection From The Back Of The Garage")

I am always seeking out new ideas and other GW owners who have enjoyed the pleasure of working on their rides and have had the satisfaction of modifying and improving their "Trusty Steeds". I guess what brought me here was the Poorboy Alternator forum and postings... I am excited to read all about that engineering feat as it is developed and refined by you guys...

OK, I chewed your ears off long enough so anyways, glad to be here and hope I can contribute to the forums...

Rich

Just wondering how many other Ham Operators we actually have here on the CGW forums... What's your callsign, and waddya run on yer bike??

Me, I'm N2PPN and I am soon to be running a Motorola XPR6350 MotoTRBO Digital HandHeld/Portable 4 watts UHF with bluetooth TX & RX audio and wired PTT... All interfaced into my existing SENA bluetooth headset... Preliminary tests have been encouraging as I have chatted with other hams from Texas to Georgia and Florida while sitting on the bike in my garage... Once all the tweaks are done it will only get better...

(pictures to come soon)
Rich
N2PPN

hi rich
I'm dick, wd8jjy from ohio and hoping to run my 2at on the 82 goldwing this year when I get it set up.

Latest posts