Direction Clockwise or otherwise

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianstaley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi can someone tell me in which direction the GL1000 motor runs, clockwise or anti clockwise? Thanks in advance, I think it runs anti clockwise. Oh and I forgot, how to tell the different camshafts that are fitted.

:mrgreen:

But if yer sitting on the bike, it turns counter-clockwise....unless you're in Australia.... :ahem: :hihihi:

Ha bloody ha trouble is the whirlpool in the basin goes around the wrong way too. down under, but it has a serious point to this as I want to install a Poor Boy alternator conversion, so the cooling fins need to go the right way to either suck in cold air or suck out hot air. Sop from the point of view of sitting on the bike the cooling fins will have to be on the left side of the alternator sucking in cold air, which it will do when I get the right alternator. I think Delco make directional fins in both directions. just swap them out. Thank you both. Ian

There you go. I know that Denso alternators sort of come standard depending on the application ie specific car or whatever, but as it isn't a standard fit on the GL1000 you have to buy something generic and get a different fan blade to suit yourself. I am looking at this one for my application.

$_12.JPG

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170903#p170903:3vfadbc1 said:
AApple » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:25 am[/url]":3vfadbc1]
But if yer sitting on the bike, it turns counter-clockwise....unless you're in Australia.... :ahem: :hihihi:
:hihihi:

Yeah Australians do it all arse about face that's why they call it "down under". However shouldn't shout too much as my son went and left the Royal Navy Submarine service to go to oh yeah Australia and their Submarine Service. :salute: :rocks: :mrgreen:

Latest posts