Do you carry.......

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBH

Reaction score
Do you guys carry any extra valve cores with you? You don't??? Well, you should.
My wife and I were riding the other day and I decided that we needed a little more air in the rear shocks (no further comment) :shock: We stopped by a gas station for some air, but when I went to put air in, the air blew back out so fast that the bike dang near tipped over. Luckily we were 2 blocks from an auto parts store.
I now carry extra valve cores, a valve core tool and a compact tire pump, because you never know when your going to need it!

Good tip you don't think about valve cores very often. I carry a a ninety degree valve stem extension for my rear wheel but no pump. I've thought about the mini pumps too but just haven't done anything about it.

Being a firm believer that 'whatever spares you carry, you won't need', I carry this.....
statornwire.JPG

Never needed it yet! :Egyptian: :smilie_happy: :beg:

In my first car I carried enough spare parts in the trunk to rebuild the motor. Anymore I carry only a few tools and fuses.

roncar":3p5hcgcs said:
Being a firm believer that 'whatever spares you carry, you won't need', I carry this.....
Ron...don't ya have to pull the engine to put the stator in!! :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

mcgovern61":u6u4vfbn said:
roncar":u6u4vfbn said:
Ron...don't ya have to pull the engine to put the stator in!! :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:
YES! And as per above, by carrying one with me, I'll never need to replace it on the road. :yes:

hmmmmmm seems like a trailer on the back with an extra bike on it will keep the the pulling bike trouble free...maybe the tires will never wear out either.... :shock: :hihihi: :mrgreen:

I'm with slabghost, fuses, bulbs, maybe a can of fix a flat, and a spare key on a lanyard around my neck. I'm also liking the logic of carrying an alternator with me too, because it's true, you'll never need it then.

joedrum":2z0mq2ur said:
hmmmmmm seems like a trailer on the back with an extra bike on it will keep the the pulling bike trouble free...maybe the tires will never wear out either.... :shock: :hihihi: :mrgreen:
There ya go Joe...I like your thinkin! :smilie_happy:

I carry a extra clutch cable ...I think all riders should, even if it's an old used one because if your far from home when it goes you will have that extra in your bag.....Yes, I carry extra air cores and the little tool in my patch kit container everyone should put it in their bag..I totally agree good idea.. :clapping:

Latest posts