Do you give the hand wave to passing bikers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

give the wave to passing bikers

• Give sideways hand(palm side out)

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Give fist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give peace sign

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Give fingers

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Give nothing

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Give nod

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85380#p85380:21ko5yt7 said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 pm[/url]":21ko5yt7]Around the greater Philly area, they use signals all the time....even the cagers!! As a matter of fact...just last weekend, as I was turning off onto a ramp and a car tried to cut me off, I blasted him with my Stebil Nautilus horn and he politely changed his mind! :clapping:

He even showed appreciation for me pointing out his error by giving me a cool finger up hand signal, kinda like a salute using his middle finger and waving it very quickly and high up to be sure I knew he was sorry! What could I do but smile and wave back? :yes:

He was very appreciative! He even tried to thank me verbally too! I could see him saying something through those big teeth. Alas, with my helmet on and tunes playing, I just could not make out what his apology was, but I did catch something that he said........you will never believe this......but I think he though my Wife was my Mother! :ahem: Ha, ha...that silly goose.....my Wife doesn't look anything like my Mother! Not only that.....but that silly goose thought she was a trucker!! :smilie_happy:

Smile and wave I say! :doh:
Awesomeness!! :smilie_happy:

I always give the wave to motorcycles if i've got a free hand. But i'm the idiot that waves at the occasional dog on the side of the road so my vote probably doesn't count.

I wave.

If I'm working the controls, I shoot out some finners.

If I'm on a straight-lane, I'll drop a hand low for a whole convoy of bikers, even.

The way I see it, if it's got two wheels and a motor, I'd ride it, so I hit up all the local guys- HD's, Rockets, Scooters, whatever.

Not sure how I feel about electric bicycles, though... :whistling: Nah, I'm kidding. All in the family. I spend a good amount of time on the pedal bike too.

I wave if they give me a chance , I remember when the Fist up and Arm Bent , ( Brothers in Arms ) was the sign of the Times and sign of the road , now ... most don't even know what it means , but like somebody said , Harley riders rarely wave at me , and for that .... I don't use all my fingers . :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85709#p85709:23ck9hgt said:
sledge » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:08 pm[/url]":23ck9hgt]I wave if they give me a chance , I remember when the Fist up and Arm Bent , ( Brothers in Arms ) was the sign of the Times and sign of the road , now ... most don't even know what it means , but like somebody said , Harley riders rarely wave at me , and for that .... I don't use all my fingers . :smilie_happy:
I cant tell the approaching Harley riders from the Japanese V twins anymore...I don't think they can either..Kinda all mixed up out there.

I can tell ..... by the fact that the Harley rider is wearing a 19lb leather Coat , Gloves , and Helmet with HD wrote all over it ... on a 95 deg. day sitting in a traffic jam . and he is trying to smile even though he is burning up .... BUT in a traffic Jam at least nobody is gonna pull out and leave him in the dust . :smilie_happy:

Most H-D riders around here don't wave. Unless they're wearing a helmet, they might wave back. If you're riding a Harley, which I find myself doing from time to time, they try to be all cool about it.

I always wave; hand above my shoulder, palm open, rapid movements side to side. This technique almost always breaks through even the most staunch, 'too cool for school' pompous attitude. (-:

I'm respectful to everyone on the roads with the exceptions of people that cant put down their flipping cell phones :rant: . I give them a special hand wave.
I love the way Harleys sound. Most Harley riders do seem rather snobish. I have had Harleys their parts price are why to high and when you look at where they are made they say made in Japan.I thought made in the USA was the main reason fro owning a Harley. I love my Wing wouln't take anything for it except an other one. I like all bikes especialy the classics. :moped:

yes I love , Motor Cycles , Cars , Trucks , anything Classic . and I can talk to most anybody , as long as they don't change JUST because the put on a coat or something with Harley or some name on it . if THAT alone makes them Change , we are never gonna get along . and I'm not gonna work on it much either. I'm just an Old East Tennessee Hillbilly , and that's all I'll ever be , I don' pretend a bit . I don't think I'm any better than Anyone , But.... I believe I'm JUST As Good As Anyone . as long as that don't offend anybody we can get along . :salute: I played Bars and Nightclubs for over 40 years , and some very rough red necked biker bars too . . . and I have been in a scrap or two , one thing I learned over the years , a lot of the time , the man who is tryin' to look so tough , is just puttin' up a front , so he don't have to prove it . . . and the guy sittin at the end of the bar minding his business is the very guy who will swell your eyes if you mess with him. its all just a game . all we need to do is , Play Nice or lets get this thing started .... LOL .... I'm too old to Fight or Run , I'd rather just Ride. :hi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85799#p85799:1tob5ral said:
SRH87GL » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:11 am[/url]":1tob5ral]... I have had Harleys their parts price are why to high and when you look at where they are made they say made in Japan.I thought made in the USA was the main reason fro owning a Harley....

If I'm not mistaken, GoldWings were made in USA until a few years ago.

yes , I'm pretty sure they started making Goldwings in America the year mine was made......1980 , and moved back to Japan in 2010 ..... is that right guys ????? so 30 years ????? I read somewhere they moved production back because of Taxes in America .... but that might not be why , :popcorn:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85804#p85804:3lyg3kop said:
sledge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:44 am[/url]":3lyg3kop]yes I love , Motor Cycles , Cars , Trucks , anything Classic . and I can talk to most anybody , as long as they don't change JUST because the put on a coat or something with Harley or some name on it . if THAT alone makes them Change , we are never gonna get along . and I'm not gonna work on it much either. I'm just an Old East Tennessee Hillbilly , and that's all I'll ever be , I don' pretend a bit . I don't think I'm any better than Anyone , But.... I believe I'm JUST As Good As Anyone . as long as that don't offend anybody we can get along . :salute: I played Bars and Nightclubs for over 40 years , and some very rough red necked biker bars too . . . and I have been in a scrap or two , one thing I learned over the years , a lot of the time , the man who is tryin' to look so tough , is just puttin' up a front , so he don't have to prove it . . . and the guy sittin at the end of the bar minding his business is the very guy who will swell your eyes if you mess with him. its all just a game . all we need to do is , Play Nice or lets get this thing started .... LOL .... I'm too old to Fight or Run , I'd rather just Ride. :hi:

Aman I have worked with a bunch of guys from the Tennesse area I think everone of them are great . I love that part of the country. I use to do Millwright work and I have done a lot of work all over Tennesee But Eastern Tennesee is my favorite area I love the Smokey Mountains Knoxville area.

hey there , I live in Limestone , 8 miles from Jonesborough , ( the oldest town in Tn. ) between Greeneville and Johnson City . right off 11E , anytime you around these parts just holler and I'll come out and meet you somewhere , or you can come by the house here for a bite to eat . we're just common folks , eat beans and taters and cornbread , when they're in season might have some green onions with our beans .... and we'll pick a little music before you leave . :music2: we met mwbill and his little lady , from Oneida Tn. the otherday at the wal-mart in Johnson City , super nice folks , it was a true pleasure . your always welcome . :salute:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85809#p85809:n7px8dio said:
sledge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:18 am[/url]":n7px8dio]hey there , I live in Limestone , 8 miles from Jonesborough , ( the oldest town in Tn. ) between Greeneville and Johnson City . right off 11E , anytime you around these parts just holler and I'll come out and meet you somewhere , or you can come by the house here for a bite to eat . we're just common folks , eat beans and taters and cornbread , when they're in season might have some green onions with our beans .... and we'll pick a little music before you leave . :music2: we met mwbill and his little lady , from Oneida Tn. the otherday at the wal-mart in Johnson City , super nice folks , it was a true pleasure . your always welcome . :salute:

Thank you Sledge for the hospitality. That is another thing I love about the South. Their Hospitality. I do love common folk. They are sweet kind spririted people. :hi:

I normally like to do a little 2 finger peace sign as I'm passing them. That way they know I acknowledged them and we keep the biker comradery going on. :)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=85804#p85804:jw6c4ioq said:
sledge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:44 pm[/url]":jw6c4ioq]. I'm too old to Fight or Run , I'd rather just Ride. :hi:
+1 :good: