Don't take things for granted

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBH

Reaction score
I went to my parents house this evening on the Goldwing. It was the first time that my 80 year old father had seen this bike. I put the bike on its center stand and Dad straddled the seat and grinned from ear to ear...waving at anyone that looked our way. He sat there for about ten minutes while we talked about old times when he once had a Honda 150 Dream.....a long time ago. It was good to see my Dad happy from such a simple thing.

Attachments

• Grandpa_Oct.8.2010.JPG
    Grandpa_Oct.8.2010.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 186
"Don't take things for granted"

Boy aint that the truth.

My Dad and I never got to be very close before he passed away in '91.
I regret that we didn't make more time for each other.

:clapping: :good: :salute: :eek:k:
My dad hates bikes..."Ain't gud fer nuttin but gittin yerself killed on"... :(
Thanks for sharing that...it musta been a proud moment! :grin:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh you'll never forget that point in your life..... your lucky to still have your Dad , visit when you can , cause we all know there may come a time......... when you can't....thanks for the memories that brings back , brings tears to my eyes .

I lost my dad in '90 and still miss him. Even more I regret the times I could have spent with him and didn't.

On a side note, when I bought my first bike at 18, my old mans only comment was... "Well, it's been nice knowing you. I'll try to plan a good funeral." Nothing like encouragement from the parental units. :)

so did your dad let you borrow his new bike so you could get home :grin: my dad passed just before his 81st birthday and we were very close. my mother was married twice and i have two brothers from that union but i am my dads only son. we were always close

:hi: I got to ride with my dad on some poker runs and some pleasure rides...He was an old M/C rider and kept telling me how easy we had it with the clutch shifting and breaks on these new bikes....He road an ole 38 indian...he used to work delivering movie reels between movie theaters in LA in the late 40s...He bought me my first wing, a naked 1000 78 modle back in 85.. He would tell me how they used to ride "hair and hounds" through the desert and that he used to ride with Keenen Winn and some other movie actors....He rode time trials at Bonnaville with 2 broken legs in casts ....He passed about 6 years ago.. but i have his last bike with me... He had down graded from a 750 honda with faring to a 305 kaw when he was 85...passed at 88....I still miss him......Bob

My Boss's Dad came to his Thanksgiving dinner last year on his friends motorcyle. His Dad was 105 years old! (106 years old now!) He just stopped working last spring; decided he needed a break and wanted some time off. He drove his own car to work across the bridge from NJ to PA. My boss is 67 years old and has a long way to go before his Dad will let him consider retiring! :smilie_happy:

Attachments

• dad motor cycle 1003.jpg
    dad motor cycle 1003.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 124
  • dad motor cycle 1.jpg
    dad motor cycle 1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 130
106!!! Wow! My father passed away a few weeks before his 69th birthday. I remember riding with him as a child and his lessons on riding. I sure wish he were here to share the bikes I have now.

Parents, yes I'm proud to be one, some times think it would be good to meet mine. Mum passed when I was a baby and dad did what I what would have done left with a farm and 2 babies in 1966.

Latest posts