Dyna-Wow

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuna boy

Reaction score
Just rode my 1100 with dyna beads in the tires. Really seemed to smooth the road out. Much nicer and more sedate. I like em. Kind of a pain to get into the valve stem. I did not buy the installation kit. Bought 2' of 1/4" Id clear tube and a clear plastic katsup bottle from Walmart. The big katsup bottle was a big help. I also had an air hose. I used both but the bottle did most of the work. I am happy with the installation and think it was money well spent. :moped:

Yes, you are correct.

They are small ceramic balls, about the size of BB's that go in the wheels and are intended to balance the tires due to centrifugal force, eliminating the use of static wheel weights.

But Tuna, my question is? Did you remove your wheel weights to achieve this improvement?

The wheel weights should be removed as the dyna beads dynamically balance the tire as the tire wears. The wheel weights were installed for another tire that is no longer on the wheel.

I agree, for the real experience of the Dyna beads to be correct at the time of testing.

But is that what tuna did? that's my question??

After all, the beads are still a contentious issue enough that most shops don't install them, and they are still, a home installed thing.

Yes I did remove the old wheel weights. You tube has a video on installing dyna beads. They are not a new thing and can be used in cars, trucks etc. I wish I had bought more, I purchased these about 5-6 weeks ago off eBay and the price has doubled but still pretty cheap. Users report that the beads even eliminate cupping. I have only had them in for a day but the first ride was an eye opener.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122082#p122082:2t3puqg4 said:
chilidawg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:55 pm[/url]":2t3puqg4]
I agree, for the real experience of the Dyna beads to be correct at the time of testing.

But is that what tuna did? that's my question??

After all, the beads are still a contentious issue enough that most shops don't install them, and they are still, a home installed thing.

I think the contentious issue it that shops do not want to deal with putting the beads in through the valve stem. It can be time consuming. I found a local dirt bike dealer that carries them and cannot keep them on the shelf. Dirt bikers love them too.

Motorcycle Tire Company here in Vegas will install them. I love them, but some tire distributors will void a warranty if they are used, but then again they look for any reason to void a warranty. :roll:

~O~

Just curious. Has anyone using these beads noticed any powder inside the tires when the old ones with beads are replaced? I've seen rubber reform aluminum and string wear a groove in steel. Seems to me the beads would wear inside the tires.

The beads are ceramic and very tuff. I have read reports where guys have run beads for 15 k and removed the beads and used them in a second tire with no issues. I do know that some were selling steel beads that rusted and stuck together and caused problems. I suggest you Google Dyna-Beads, lots of good info.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122095#p122095:29fnemao said:
tuna » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:27 pm[/url]":29fnemao]
Yes I did remove the old wheel weights. You tube has a video on installing dyna beads. They are not a new thing and can be used in cars, trucks etc. I wish I had bought more, I purchased these about 5-6 weeks ago off eBay and the price has doubled but still pretty cheap. Users report that the beads even eliminate cupping. I have only had them in for a day but the first ride was an eye opener.

How do you know how much you would need to put in one tire to the next? I don't ride my bike over 80 the balance is bad anything under this is fine. Not that I ride this fast is slim to none only by myself and to get up the road in a hurry? So how would one know what they need ? Thanks in advance..

I purchased the Tyre bead brand, 2oz front, 3oz.rear ceramic beads comes with installation kit, I put them in before I seated the bead, removed ugly weights, no shudders or vibration whatsoever. The Tyre bead brand is far less expensive than the Duna beads.

Actually it don't matter, as long as you put in enough to overcome the wheel weight coefficient, an ounce or 2 is usually enough for that.

How much more doesn't really matter, it's kinda like, too much is just icing on the cake.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=157309#p157309:39i261ae said:
slabghost » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:05 pm[/url]":39i261ae]
I used 3oz of balance beads in each of the tires on my Valkyrie. Seems to be fine.

:shock: your Valk front tire is bigger than most cycle rears.