Flat bed trailor.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So.with my wifes recent injurys,her walking or standing for extended periods will be hendered for awhile.
I have found her a mobilty scooter that will probably be her best friend for the next year or so,so I am thinking of building a second trailor.

Just a flat deck trailor with tie downs for the scooter,cooler rack,and room for a couple lawn chairs.
Maybe just start with a harbor freight trailor,what do you think?

I think with a hack and HF trailer with a scooter on it is pushing the power capability of an 1100.
If you drive easy though, 55-65 I don't think you'll have any problems unless pulling a grade.

I'd go for the 13" wheel version and 2 of the light weight aluminum ramps they sell.
The 8" version might be better because it sits lower for loading and unloading.
You'll have to size that up for your liking and the ramps they offer.
My first thought was there would be a problem loading because running the scooter on and off might pull the bike over or off the stand but then realized you have a hack :mrgreen:

Go for it and take lot's of pictures!

Hey how is your wife and son getting along?
Tell them both I say Hi and get well soon.

The scooters not all that heavy,just a little amigo electric scooter,I can left it into the car myself so Ill probably forgo the ramps.
I am not intending on long trips with it,just local rallys,cruise nights,museums,family rebelions....that kinda thing.Was just going with 8" wheels again like my cargo trailor but then though if I bought a 12" trailor kit,I could covert the cargo trailor(I do use it for lolng trips) to the bigger tires at the same time,and use the 8 inchers on the flat deck.

But then again,maybe a T-trailor would be better. :read:

On the note of 8" wheels,I used to worry a little abought it,but with the little weight I can pull compared to what they can take,and the fact that I use a hi temp synthetic grease,I stopped worrying.

Not that I ride all that fast on the bike with the family and trailor and all,I frequently feel the hubs and tires at stops and they have never felt even warm.

I think the biggest issue with the smaller tires comes into play with neglect,overloading,and excess speed.If they where to unsafe,you wouldnt see so many factory bike trailors with them.Even a few campers.
I do like the lower center of gravity with the lower trailor,and I think the smaller tires stop better.Less rolling enertia.I think. ;)

Ideally,I think I would prefer a nice light aluminum low trailor,with 12" wheels,and torsion suspension,but I just dont always get what I want. :Awe:

You got a welder? There are trailer kits available like the H.F. unit... OR you could custome build your ideal dream trailer... probably cost more in the long run.

A regular customer of mine stopped by and said he was ready to sell his breeze cargo trailor.
Its a nice trailor at a great price.Then I can convert the old harbor freight trailor I have to a scooter hauler.'

:lol: Thats like taking $200.00 off the price of the breeze. :music:

Yes,I bought the other traiilor yesterday.Got a steel on it for $400.00
I will probably convert the old trailor to a scooter hauler.

I will take pica of new trailor saterday when I get it home.

Just bought and installed one of these on the back of my truck last night.

image_5905.jpg

I picking up a Pronto power chair later today to put on it. It's in excellent condition with almost new batteries in it and they only want 250 bucks for it.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the VA about them providing me with a free power chair and lift carrier for it but I'm tired of waiting so getting the Pronto for now and may keep it or sell it, don't know yet.

If the VA does provide a power chair then I'll take this rack and adapt it to a HF 8" trailer to pull behind the bike.

Yea, it's been a while since I've posted. Medical problems have gotten in the way big time and now waiting to have a biopsy done this week to see if I have lung cancer on top of all the breathing and heart problems. Don't know how many riding days I have left in me but I'll keep trying.

im sorry to hear of the set backs in your health ....but im sure you know what to bring to a fight no matter what the fight is im pulling for you with confidense in your ability fight hard bagmaster :whip: :whip: :whip: :rant: :rant: :rant: :whip: :whip: :rant: :ahem:

WOW This is an old thread reserected.

I ended up buying a nicer scooter that folds down and the seat pulls off and the whole thing fits in the breeze.I have sold the Harbor Freight trailor to a guy with a HD headed for sturgis.

Unfortunitly the wife has not been back on the bike yet,sounds like another summer of surgurys to try to correct her left foot,and hopefully get her walking again,so the sidecar is off and to the side,and my travels are a little shorter and quiter for yet another year.

Attachments

• bike 021.JPG
    bike 021.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 231
Tory":325v5vnh said:
WOW This is an old thread reserected.

I ended up buying a nicer scooter that folds down and the seat pulls off and the whole thing fits in the breeze.I have sold the Harbor Freight trailor to a guy with a HD headed for sturgis.

Unfortunitly the wife has not been back on the bike yet,sounds like another summer of surgurys to try to correct her left foot,and hopefully get her walking again,so the sidecar is off and to the side,and my travels are a little shorter and quiter for yet another year.
Wow, you guys have been going thru this for a long time! I hope her surguries go well (I'm sorry to hear she has to go thru more). :cry:

Bagmaster":1t0cej93 said:
Just bought and installed one of these on the back of my truck last night.

image_5905.jpg

My dad has something similar and it works great. The problem is that women drivers (they all seem to be only women) keep crashing into it in parking lots. He's had to heat it with a torch and hammer it back into shape about 5 times, and has actually replaced it twice. When a car hits this thing they get tore up pretty bad. And every cott'n pick'n time the other driver wants my dad to pay for damages done to their car. After they hit his parked car! Go figure?????

That is the exact rerason I built my trailer the way I did. Mine is built from scratch and the box comes off the bed in about 5-10 min. with the removal of 8 bolts. I'll try & post some pics. I have the dimensions and all for the asking. The frame is 12guage 2" sruare tubing but if I were to do it again, I would use 1"- 1.5" as the 2" just looks so bulky.

Attachments

• trailer%20frame.jpg
    trailer%20frame.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 169
  • AAA the beginning  2.jpg
    AAA the beginning 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMGP0108.JPG
    IMGP0108.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMGP0153.jpg
    IMGP0153.jpg