Front brakes stuck

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwhitf

Reaction score
1982 GL1100 tried to move it on the trailer when we purchase the bike and it is hard to move.
I believe its the front tire, the bike sat 1 year under a carport(under cover) when I got it.
One vintage motorcycle mechanic in town said to hit the calibers carefully with a rubber mallet.
Think about rebuilding the whole brake system.

dwhitf/Darrell

I'd try compressing each caliper one at a time with a C clamp. Then reinstall and pump it back out. Then pump out the old fluid and refill with new through a lot of bleeding.

slabghost":3adx3qg9 said:
I'd try compressing each caliper one at a time with a C clamp. Then reinstall and pump it back out. Then pump out the old fluid and refill with new through a lot of bleeding.

Thanks now just need to find the right size of C clamp to buy.
Darrell

Rebuilding the whole brake system is a smart idea, I don't think anyone will disagree with that idea..Or at least clean everything up well, if this was me, I would first thing unscrew the brake lines from the caliper, many times when a bike sits like that the lines become clogged, do that first and you will know if it's the piston or the lines locking it up.