Gl1000 1976. In Birmingham UK need help with paint work

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenwwatts

Reaction score
Hi all!

As the title said I live in Birmingham UK I own an old 76 wing and am slowly restoring it to stock. I can get the decals and original paint but my painting skills are bad to crap I contacted a local bike dealers and they quoted £silly amount plus VAT and expected me to supply the decals!!!!!!

Looking to paint all eight pieces namely the false tank (3). The radiator fins (2) the side panels (2) and the small piece between the false tank and the seat total 8

I am tempted to try the rattle can path but if anyone knows or a business or individual in my area at can do this would appreciate a heads up?

Cheers

Steve

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Stephenwwatts!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
You can spray with rattle can...it's been done plenty of times with good results. Check it out HERE

Welcome to the fun. You can probably do a very acceptable job yourself. Key to the job is preparing the surfaces for paint. The actual application of paint can be easily learned.

Welcome, Steve, from Southern California! Best of luck with the paint job! Prep the parts, and be patient with the paint, and it'll look fine. Keep us poated on your progress...

Ok got another question on the pain issue. This is to the UK members. Getting the fit pain can be virtually impossible. Does anyone out there know of a place that can get em the candy red paint? Or as close a match as possible?

Tia

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Many of the car parts stores in the U S carry paints and can order. Perhaps it's the same there. Paint manufactures sometimes have local stores.

hi steve not sure if this will help but when i purchased my gl1100 i was given a spare rattle can on it was 1.car make honda 2.car code honm9058 3.color red the label says mixed color from the trade group google them if no joy you can have my can it may match