GL1100 radio buttons

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike in idaho

Reaction score
I can't get the controller to work on my '82 radio, the radio display lights up and the speakers hum but the channel up/down and presets don't work. I pulled the box apart and found all but one of the micro button switches are stuck down:
008-3.jpg

It's really amazing what the e-bay vendors try to get for these things when you see what's inside(three tuning pots and eight micro switches).
I found a source for the button switches, at 25 cents apiece(plus postage) I think it's worth a try fixing this thing.

I bought replacements from Digi-Key. I had never fixed any electrical component before and other than having a few soldering incidents, everything went fine. Most importantly, all the buttons worked after I was done.

Keep us informed.

I used https://www.allelectronics.com/ , found the switches in their paper catalog:
"Omron B3M. S.P.S.T., normally-open, tactile pushbutton switch. 0.24"x0.25"x0.28" high. 0.85mm travel. Pc leads on 5mm centers.
CAT# MPB-137"
I don't see that part # on their web store right now but entering "Omron B3M" in the digikey.com search box will net results.

Like he said. I had the same problem. I sent one of the switches to digikey I had $2.10 in switches and $7.38 in shipping, but I had tunes. THe switch that Digikey sent me was too short in height so the shop that i had do the soldering built up below it with hot glue to get enough height for the outer button to contact it. Has worked flawlessly for 4 years now.
BTW my company car used to be a T-600 then a T-800. ROCK ON!!