Goin with a new paint job!2

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwingflyer63

Reaction score
Hey Everybody!! Great weather we r havin Huh!? Well here is a couple of pics of the bike after paint..couldnt resist screwin on a bolt here and there just to see what it looks like....OOOHHH YEAHH!! :clapping:Will be takin back apart and doin the alternator conversion pretty soon I think :grin: What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• Photo0190.jpg
    Photo0190.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 355
  • Photo0191.jpg
    Photo0191.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 349
nice job 63 ....i give it a 100 grade ....it just sweet ......at the moment im not sure what going on with your stator but if its not bad totaly ....you could strait wire the connector that makes all the stators go bad from heat....theres also the voltage regulator mod that seems to boost sator life by allowing it to work as needed instead of full output all the time ....but its an over 100$ mod ....but that might be cheap compared to car altenator mod ......i would go with the voltage regulator mod on my bikes if i could afford it...... :mrgreen:

Yeah, Baby, YEAH! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
That's sweeeeet! Great job! :clapping: :good: :clapping:

Lookin' good in black!!

If you don't mind me askin' did you do it yourself or take it to a shop?

If you did it yourself, what was your painting process? I only ask because I'm painting mine and getting some of these Honda panels sanded is gonna drive me to drink!

Once again, looks great! Love the wood dash/ fairing pocket and the passenger backrest refinish too!!

Thanks guys! I really liked the way it turned out...I want to get new badges and emblems for it and possible pinstripe graphics too in gold color. Anybody got some suggestions on where to go for these..and no..I didnt paint the bike myself, I had a customer who recommended a paint guy and he gave me a great deal on the paint job (he told me not to let anybody know what he charged me for it LOL). Any help on the emblems would be greatly appreciated :grin:

BigAndrew":3iwf0ag6 said:
Very Nice :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Can you re-paint mine... Its kind of faded :mrgreen: :salute:
It is not so much the painting as it is the prep work. I can't imagine sanding your bike.

Andyb":3gkppeso said:
:cheeky: :cheeky:
It is not so much the painting as it is the prep work. I can't imagine sanding your bike.

:smilie_happy: Me either... My bike is basically one giant piece of sand paper cause of that truck bed liner stuff the p.o. used on the bike

chasrogers":lmly8x30 said:
and it is not very easy to get off either might have to sand blast it off then recoat the metal with zinc oxide then primer then paint again if you dont use zinc oxide it will start to rust fast I am a painter by trade and have painted many vehicles including bikes Chasrogers

If i repaint the the bike it wont be a normal color cause that would be a nightmare getting off all that stuff... What i'll end up doing is just sand off what i can and repaint it with some better bed liner stuff, It doesn't need to look perfect... That's the whole look/point of my bike :mrgreen:

The guy i bought the bike off of said that the stuff he used to paint it was for wheel wells, So i guess it wasn't ment to see much sun.. So its faded pretty bad and chipping and cracking in places

I still get alot of complements all the time and when i do i ask them, Do they think it would look better repainted black so its darker and most of them say they like it like it is, Go figure lol... Saves me from having to repaint it for awhile :mrgreen:

Latest posts