Goin with a new paint job!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwingflyer63

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Thanx again on the warm welcome to the forum. I decided I really didnt like the paint job the previous owner had done( its practically purple! EWW!) So I stripped the bike naked :grin: and gave the parts to a paint guy who was recommended by one of my customers. He said he would have it done in a few days...goin back to black!! cant wait to see the results! Here is some pics of the bike stripped down..will post pics when i get my parts back

Attachments

• Photo0188(2).jpg
    Photo0188(2).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 226
  • Photo0189(2).jpg
    Photo0189(2).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 221
thats pretty aggressive start :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: looks like something id do ....my 83 is hanging by a hoist still able to to run :smilie_happy: yeah i think this is a good move ...now get in there clean everything up and check it all out while yo can ...cant wait to see

post on anything you might find with it strip down..... :mrgreen:

Looks like a really faded, neglected Brandywine color, similar to mine.
Heck...I say throw the seat back on and ride it! :good: Good luck with the paint...gotta see some pics!! :clapping:

AApple":3bldoof9 said:
Looks like a really faded, neglected Brandywine color, similar to mine.
Heck...I say throw the seat back on and ride it! :good: Good luck with the paint...gotta see some pics!! :clapping:

Yeah..that's what I thought too AApple (faded Brandywine) but no, someone actually painted it purple..looks like the original was the metallic blue for that year... at least thats what it looks like under the lid on the tank cover

That sure is a nice cement slab you got there for a work area! :clapping:

I gotta work on a dirt hill. I threw down a couple sheets of plywood, but still, everything wants to roll away. Would be nice to have some kind of knob to adjust gravity. :smilie_happy:

yeah gerry i know you know how unlevel my place is .....you would be in danger of severe stupidity not to have the sky hook on it .....the back wheel is off and the front wheel is coming off soon as i can figure out weather the motor is fix or not .....to cold to start it ....if that all checks out ..then its the rebuild back to a full dresser .....im going to have to keep an eye on this thresd to see how i might do the same ..... :mrgreen:

Latest posts