Got a frame with papers for my 78 project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometimes Craigslist can be ok. Saw a picture of a 78 GL for parts minus the carbs. Called him yesterday morning and set up a time to see today. Didn't know how I was going to deal with trying to get only the frame but went to see him anyway. Turns out he got his father and a friend to help him yesterday and they stripped the bike to the bare frame for me.
Due to the time they spent he apologized about wanting $75 for the frame. Gave him $100 and went away grinning. :smilie_happy:

This one just keeps getting better. Just found out the 78 motor a friend gave me has only 60,000 miles on it. He also just rebuilt the heads/valves and put new belts in it. Guess which motor I'm using in this project. :clapping: :yahoo:

:headscratch: Okay I'll play. Uhh let's see.... :read: hmmm. Boy this is tough. The 78 motor? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108222#p108222:3cg0y3xy said:
slabghost » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:49 pm[/url]":3cg0y3xy]
:headscratch: Okay I'll play. Uhh let's see.... :read: hmmm. Boy this is tough. The 78 motor? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Shoot! I knew the question was too easy. :smilie_happy: Of course now that means I have to remove the 84 clutch from the original motor and put in this one. Wish I wasn't so picky. I might have a bike running sooner.

No sidecar on this one for now. Have a silly idea I want to try later though. :roll: I think I'm going to use POR15 products for most of this starting with the frame. I'm also thinking about putting the Superwedge on this one instead of the 83. I have a Vulcan 1500 sidecar install to get out of my shop first so you are not in any danger of being beaten by me.

Latest posts