Had a wreck

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82gl1100iwingman

Reaction score
Yesterday, 7/8/13, I was riding my 1100 and I was on my way home from work and was rear ended by a worthless piece of dog excrement.

I was travelling southbound on state highway 121 and merging with state highway 183 going west bound. I was in the far right hand lane riding in the right track. 121 speeds were about 40-50 mph and 183 speeds were at a crawl. This piece of excrement, shoots across two lanes of traffic into my lane and about hits me. I was travelling a good 20-30 mph faster than he was going. I was able to swerve and avoid this collision because if I hadn't I would have been impaled into side of his car. After I passed him on the shoulder of the road, I was able to get back into the right lane. I started slowing down as the freeways merged together. This piece of excrement decided he didn't want to slow down and hit me at about 20 mph faster than I was going. The bike lurched forwarded and started to go down, I bailed off the bike and landed on my feet. I started running to catch myself and then I turned around and started running towards this sub-human. He threw it in reverse and backed up enough to clear my bike and went around and fled the scene of the accident. Has he passed me I was able to break off the driver side mirror for a souvenir. As I was chasing this excrement trying to get his plate number, a blue Chevy pick-up about ran me over and red Dodge pickup took off very quick. Several other people had stopped to see if I was ok but none was able to get excrements plate number. I thought he was going to get away with hit and run. One of the people who had stopped where I was at was on the phone with 911 emergency. As she was talking to them, they asked which wreck was she at. There seemed to be two wrecks about 1/4 mile apart. The second wreck was the blue Chevy pickup and the piece of excrement. The driver of the pickup chased him down wrecked him out. After he wrecked him out, he ran over to his car and punched out the drivers window and started pummeling the piece of excrement. The driver of the Dodge was a federal marshal and witnessed the whole accident. He let the driver of the Chevy get in a few good licks before he stopped him. The 911 emergency wanted to know if I could identify the car that hit me. Though relay of each person at each scene of the accidents I said that the car had a missing drivers mirror. The other person at the other scene confirmed it. We had him. The City of Bedford police showed up and asked me to reconvene at the other wreck location. My bike is still rideble so I went down there. As I got there it took every ounce of restraint and about 6-8 cops that wouldn't let me go over there and go beat this punk's face into the pavement. In the State of Texas, it is a Class B Felony to hit and run a motorcycle. But that's not this excrements only problem, as the police was searching him getting ready to take him to jail, they found a 1/4 bag of marijuana on him. I am going to make sure this excrement doesn't get to see the outside of a prison for a few years. It such a waste too, he is only 17 and in the State of Texas, he will be tried as an adult. Everytime the excrement would look at me, I'd take off my sunglass so he could look into my eyes as a I mouthed some very bad words to him.

As far as I am, I went to hospital and had some xrays, spine seems to still be inline but as of today, my back is very tensed and hurts.

As far as the driver of the Chevy, no charges are going to brought against him because he was being a responsible citizen making a citizens arrest on a felon. The Bedford Police cited the excrement for both wrecks.

I could not thank all those who helped me enough. When I am able to go get my bike from impound and bring it home, I'll post some pic's.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=88541#p88541:2t8nyin0 said:
backlander » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:14 pm[/url]":2t8nyin0]Glad your ok. Hopefully he will have sufficient time to sit and think about his behavior.

My thoughts exactly.

I hear of crap like this happening only to get a slap on the wrist and a fine then they walk.

Glad your OK. Could have been much worse!

I like Texas justice..Glad your relatively OK. I`m guessing he didn't have insurance, look for assets, who`s name the truck is in maybe there is some recourse.

Thanks all, he does have insurance but since the police handled everything, it will be in their report which I can get a copy of in 2 days. He was driving a Honda Accord. The driver of the truck just administered Texas Justice. But my beautiful 1100 I just got fixed got destroyed. I wanted to pummel his face, just glad somebody got to. When he makes it to the big house and he is going to go there, I'm sure some other "bikers" might get to pummel his face asking him "Do see me now?"

I got ya..The fella in the truck got the guy. At least insured, They will try and low ball you more then likely but many of us that have had some nice classics have gotten a fair shake from insurance companies after some back and forth.
Hope it works out for you, maybe you can settle for a good amount and keep the bike too if it is fixable.

I HATE THAT AREA!!! :rant: Damn construction has everything messed up anyway.....add that in with some punk a$$ that thinks he's more important than anyone else on the road, and it's a sure recipe for disaster.
Glad YOU made it thru with no major injuries....that in itself is a miracle. Good thing the other guy was able to "stop" the punk. I'm sure everyone else was tellin the investigators "I dint see nuttin" when asking about the punk gettin his azz beat....

Damn....now you got me all worked up.... :rant:

Brian, I am glad you are okay! I am also glad that others took matters into their own hands to make sure the other guy didn't get away.

Was it the bike that you just got put back together?

I hate reading about wrecks, but I'm glad to read that you're relatively okay and happy to read that he was caught. Don't let it drag you down too much, life is too precious to spend on revenge. I'm hoping he gets his punishment.

Happy to hear you are somewhat okay. Please go back in and have them check your back again. Xrays do not show everything!!!!! You might need a MRI to show any damage. Darn kids these days have no respect.

Unbelievable !!! Not only do you have to be vigilant scanning all things in front and to the sides but you now have to be worried about the idiots that want to run you down from behind. Great to hear that you managed to walk away from all this carnage and in this case the offender was caught. How many times does some idiot cause an accident and the manages to continue on their way without consequence. Hope that you and your ride are back out there soon :good:

Glad you weren't seriously hurt. Easier to fix a wing than a body. Wonderful story how the marshal went temporarily blind and allowed the other guy to dish out some justice before the locals got there!

So glad you're okay. Too bad the &$%$# wasn't beaten more. Now where did I put the number for my concealed carry classes?

Amazing, good to hear you are OK, yeah I hope this guy gets used to jail food for a couple of years. I think motorcycle riders are getting the upper hand as a lot more are on the road due to the economy, and former cagers, so these cagers are now riders and are becoming more protective for other riders, more so from what I have seen years ago.
Now its the pedal pushers that seem to be the evil menace.
And you bailed off the Wing feet down and running? Gawd what a video that would have made!

Get her fixed and keep her running, she has a soul, she kept you safe from harm.

Latest posts