Harbor Freight 8" trailer tire recall.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please help me understand...the title says 8" tires, the newsletter says 4.8/4.00 X 12 tires. That seems to be a 12" tire. I'm interested because my harbor frieght trailer came with 12" tires about that time period. But wait, I took my tires back back to exchange one because it wobbled, and ended up buying another like it to use as a spare. This was a year after purchasing the trailer. Ended up using the original tire as the spare because the other two were a closer match.

But I ramble for no good reason because at 250 lbs total load I don't think my tires are in any danger of exceeding any minimal load limits. Just sayin'

The recall clearly says 8" tires and 12" are not affected. This is trailers purchased I think between 2014and 2017, letters are suppose to go out sometime between November 6 and near the end of November. I have not had a pronlem with mine either but will gladly take three year newer tires. Harbor Freight had to list the serial number of the original tires on the manufacturers certificate of origin to meet DOT laws so you could get a title at the DMV. Guess you'll have to see if you get a recall letter. Good luck

"The recall covers Innova Ultra Runner tires in sizes 5.3x12 and 4.80/4.00x12 (manufactured between Jan. 1, 2014, and Sept. 20, 2017) and Far East tires in size 4.80/4.00x12 (produced between Jan. 1, 2014, and Dec. 31, 2016), Harbor Freight Tools said. "

Cut and paste of the size portion of the linked recall. No mention of 8" tires anywhere in the linked recall notice.