Hello

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
been a bike rider since I was 12. started on dirtbikes and moved to roadbikes as soon as I could get a cycle endorsement.
in 90' I was in a pretty bad bike wreck and got messed up for awhile. also shortly after my wife decided to leave me with our 2 young kids and a decided I'd hang-up the helmet for awhile...
even though I rode occasionally I didn't own another bike till last spring. when I bought my current GL1100.
my kids are grown and I have a great wife of 15+ years now, and we are slowly getting back into riding.
looked for a bike for a couple years before buying this one... but I always wanted a early 80's GL.
my 83 was a basket-case
most of the engine was packed in the saddlebags and truck.
the seat was torn up. and the breaks and suspension was in need of repair.
oh and the carbs were dry and gummy..
the bike is a comp of many parts... many colors under the top coat of black paint...
and a few different models .
but it has much character, and best of all its mine. :D
awsome to find such a cool forum to hang out.
and a great bunch of guys with simular interests.

Jim

Welcome to the CGW forums, Jim!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
We gotta see pics!! :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums.

Your story sounds alot like mine, except for the kids all grown part. :fiddle:

Post some pictures, its always nice to watch and help with the progress along the way.

thanks for the warm welcomes guys..
I posted some pics in my gallery.
I didnt have the forthought to do before and after pics... really I was just to excited to have a bike again to think it might run when I fixed it :D
but enjoy the after pics...
its still very cold here, but I'm planning a mojor carb rebuild in the next few weeks..
get ready for spring..

Jim, It looks like you did an excellent job of putting your bike back together. Good looking machine. Ride safe.