Hello

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenkeje

Reaction score
Hello All,
Well, I just got in from sodiering the 3 yellow wires and running the bike for about 10 mins. The volt at the battery now reads 14.86.. vs 15.03-15.05. 14.74 when I have all my accessiories on. Which looks like a better range. Also, yes..Thank you.. after running if for a couple mins.. the pulse is very very faint.. almost unnoticable. Bringing the idle up does help a little bit more but.. it seems like the issue is resolved. A good charge.. the knowledge provided to me.. I think I am in good shape.

I am glad everyone helped point me in the right direction with tech info. Thanks Much!!

I guess I am on to other research. Weather to use Premimun Gas, Is my idle too low at 600 rpm.. seems to pick up when getting really warm. After 10 mins of running it..even with my oil cooler fan.. The Needle almost reached H (I tuned Carbs). And lastly, is the synthetic oil (thinking this is better for my engine) warming up my engine unneccessary. The goldwing will be pushing a lot of weight. If anyone has a suggestion.. otherwise I look forward to researching this later tonight after some more time on the bike.

Again, Thanks a ton. I look forward to this forumn.

Joe

joe id be looking at the cooling system it souldnt get that hot ...thermo fan swicht...thermostat... something you dont want to get any whorst idont think the synthetic oil would make it run hotter but if its the wrong kind of synthetic it could make your clutch slip

i wouldnt quit till i got it to run cooler ... the 1200 radiator is smaller than the ones on the 1000 and 1100s so keep an eye on the gauge

okay time to check the coolant seals.. sniff test for antifreeze and to check that the coolant runs from the radiator to over flow and back.. to see if the coolant tube is blocked drain the radiator down about 1 1/2 inches.. then with radiator cap off slowly fill the overflow tank about 1/2 way to cold mark... then watch the level in both.. you should see some drop and wet run off at the neck nipple on the radiator.. if not the tube may be blocked.. this is the tube that sends hot coolant to the tank and allows it to return.. if it is blocked either direction you will loose fluid and be low in the radiator.. also be aware that coolant in the tank doesnot equal a full radiator.. if there is a minute leak that alllows air into the cooling system.. it cannot draw the tank liquid back into the radiator..

Latest posts