Help No Electrical power

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kah92340

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the bike out and she started fine I was warming it up everything is OK so I shut it off while I have to do a few things before I leave. Now I go to start it and nothing no power no dash lights. I check battery terminals tight Power on both sides of the main fuse. The Battery is charged and good and I'm going to check the main ground when I go back out.
Now I just came in to look at the wiring diagram to trace the wires to the ignition switch.
Any Ideas? :beg:

The ignition switch might be out of contact. Happens to me sometimes. I take a hold of the switch while turning the key back and forth and up and down real easy til the lights come on.

:beer: Success I think. Went out tried wiggling the ignition wires while wiggling the key no good. So got the test light out and could barley get to the red wire on the ignition nothing. So I would start at the battery and follow the red wire so I stick it in the terminal on the solenoid and I get power but the plug is not real tight so I push harder and it goes farther on the plug and everything starts working.
So I think that's it although with electrical you can't always be sure. :clapping:

Latest posts