Hey, I'm Here!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier Daddy

Reaction score
Hello all,
Hoosier Daddy here, some of you may know me from NGW. I read about the sight crash and though I would come check it out. Seeing as this sight is devoted to 1100's I thought I'd register and get in on the ground floor. I currently have 2 GL1100's both are '81's.
Here is a pic of my project the day I got her home.

Then I stripped her down to the bare frame, sandblasted and primered...

The engine was siezed and while searching for a replacement I found this "Old Battleaxe", my second '81 that, believe it or not, came in worse shape... but WITH another rebuildable '83 engine and other spares... :D

Here is a little progress...

Here is the project bike as she sits today...

I have been focusing my attention on the engine lately and now waiting on the complete Gasket kit, next comes refurb the gauges, carbs, wiring, and a paint job on the original shelter and side panels... the black shelter on it now is from from the Old Battleaxe and only used for mock-up of the turn signals and seat.
Again, Sorry to hear about the circumstances that lead me over but I'm glad to be here!

Thanks for coming over Hoosier.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your project as it progresses, looking great so far!

Welcome to the CGW forums, Hoosier Daddy!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Looks like you might have a small project goin there... :D

Thanks for the welcome, yeah it keeps me out of trouble. The Wifey works late and between the Bike build and this computer she always knows where I am :lol:

Latest posts