High Idle

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck

Reaction score
So after going through some posts on the forum, still not finding what I need really.

After doing my first coolant change, the idle on Bear has gone up, it idles about 300-500 higher then it should (depending on the weather). Not sure what caused it to start idling higher, but it is starting to get annoying.

Is there an idle adjust screw on these old sleds? I know my last bike had one, but have yet to find out on a goldwing. I have searched through posts for a while and have yet to find out. If there is one, where is it? (picture would be nice if there is one)

Pilot (idle air) adjusment screws. one on each carb shown in pic: 71:
image.php

And in the bottom picture:
image.php

Thottle stop (speed) screw in the middle picture:
image.php

Thank you for your help, the picture really helped. Was able to get the idol down under 1500.

Make sure that it is not sucking air from a dislodged vacuum hose or air fitting...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=126359#p126359:3bwpklps said:
Ansimp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 pm[/url]":3bwpklps]
Make sure that it is not sucking air from a dislodged vacuum hose or air fitting...

That could vary well be it actually, that would explain the chirping sounds I keep hearing. taking the false tank off tomorrow and checking every thing.

Latest posts