I got lucky!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBH

Reaction score
I rode the Wing to town yesterday, which is an 8 mile ride each way. When I got to my destination, I walked around to the rear of the bike only to discover that one of my trunk latches had fallen off somewhere along the way! CRAP! :Awe: I just knew that I was going to have to buy a replacement! I decided that I had better take the exact same route home and look for the latch along the way, hoping that I could find it undamaged...but what would the chances be?
I was less than a mile from home when I saw it in the middle of the road, and after a U turn I was surprised and happy to find it was in perfect condition. Whew! :yahoo:
When I got home I loosened the nuts on all of the other latches and added a drop of Loctite. Hopefully they won't be falling off again!!

Quick go buy lottery tickets! Don't forget the powerball. Let me know where to meet you I'll help you spend it!

Boy this sure seems common with these hard bag lids! I like my Hondaline hard bags....they are quick disconnect and no lid to fly off!

:headscratch: Mine are riveted...I guess yours have been replaced with nutz/bolts, eh?
Ya...das vonderlucky! Congrats on that stroke of luck. :clapping: If that had been me, 15 18 wheelers would have swerved just to make SURE they ran over it, and turned it into a pancake... :sensored:

But then again....About two weeks ago, I was on the way home form werk, and I was going up on an overpass, when a big gust of wind blew my Bluetooth off my ear. Took me a couple of seconds to realize what had happened, so I figured I better stop and see could I find it before it got hammered by the 6pm get-out-of-my-way-I-gotta-get-to-the-bar crowd. I pull over on the overpass, as far to the right as I could, then started hiking back, looking for what was left of my earpiece. Finally found it about 1/4 mile back, on the right side shoulder, totally untouched! Funny thing is, it werks much better now! :smilie_happy:

I had forgotten I left my gloves sitting on the trunk lid after getting gas about 50 miles back.
Mind you it took me 50 miles to realize I wasn't wearing them :mrgreen:

I thought to myself, "damnit where's my gloves!?" (actually Im sure I yelled it out loud with noone around to hear) so I turned around and started searching along the highway.
I really liked these gloves I paid $25 for that same week so I kept looking all the way back to the gas station.
Never found them so I gave up as lost so I went into the store and asked if they saw them or someone turned them in.
When I got to the cashier I looked out the window at the bike and there they were under the trunk rack!

To this day I can't imagine how they could have stayed there on the highway at 70-75 mph.
I think someone played a trick on me sticking them under the rack when I parked.

dan filipi":26lu0f51 said:
I had forgotten I left my gloves sitting on the trunk lid after getting gas about 50 miles back.
Dan....I have found that these types of things occur more frequently the older I get. :oops:

dan filipi":2zud2llv said:
Mind you it took me 50 miles to realize I wasn't wearing them :mrgreen:

I thought to myself, "damnit where's my gloves!?" (actually Im sure I yelled it out loud with noone around to hear) so I turned around and started searching along the highway.
I really liked these gloves I paid $25 for that same week so I kept looking all the way back to the gas station.
Never found them so I gave up as lost so I went into the store and asked if they saw them or someone turned them in.
When I got to the cashier I looked out the window at the bike and there they were under the trunk rack!

To this day I can't imagine how they could have stayed there on the highway at 70-75 mph.
I think someone played a trick on me sticking them under the rack when I parked.

I dunno Dan, I think those trunk racks just like to hold onto things, I put my Tim Hortons coffee in the rack when I work on the bike or when I'm standing around yacking, couple of times I've forgot to grab it before I rode off. Last time I put about 35 to 40 kilometers before it came to my attention, it was still there (cold of course) when I arrived at home.

aslatk":mkxlac67 said:
How many of you looked for your glasses only to remember you had them on top of you head :Doh2: ?

Never on top of my head BUT in my pocket a time or three.... :smilie_happy:

slabghost":16ihvxqi said:
I'm always hunting my coffee cup.
:head bang:

I left my favorite mug at a job, 7 Eleven doesn't make it anymore but the customer is hanging onto it for me.

Latest posts