Interstate tie down redux

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowesnest3

Reaction score
thanks for the input on tie down, note of close to the triple tree is also my understanding and experience, ie: framework for vetter III on my 80/1100. Looking at the pics of how to remove the fairing on the 84 Interstate/Aspy I can see the oem framework up and around the triple tree, my question is does anybody know if you can you get in under fairing to hook onto that framework for a trailer tie down? I'd just go out and look if the bike was out in the garage, the problem is that it is 25 miles away in somebody else's garage waiting to come home, me, I'm just trying to be prepared ..... crowe .... :Egyptian:

........ thanks, did tow my 80 in a converted horse trailer over 10000 miles the summer of 99 with my 13 year old son, put another 3500 on the wing. Had the trailer rigged with a front wheel stand which helped quite a bit in squaring and cinching up the front end. I will be installing a similar wheel stand in the trailer I'm using to move the 84. Now knowing I can get to a hook up by the triple tree, I will feel better about where to place the front eye hooks.................. just a side note, as we toured pretty much the entire west ( of the Mississippi ) - 85% secondary down to gravel roads - and set up camp in almost always National Parks, the folks checking us in as they looked over our rig, an 86 E250 15 passenger converted to a camper and a closed up black horse trailer, would inevitably ask " you don't have a horse in there do you?" and we would happily reply " No sir, just a steel horse." It was a very memorable and meaningful trip for both of us ....... once in a lifetime!...... :Egyptian: :Egyptian: :Egyptian: ....crowe