I've come down with a case of MBS

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGold

Reaction score
So someone at work did a booboo and got moved and I have to replace this dude
and am going from straight days to rotating shifts meaning I won't have time to get the bike
done for the middle / end of the riding season. :doh:

The other day one of the electricians came up to me and said he bought a new Kawi
death machine and wanted to get rid of his old steed.

I went to check it out agreed, on a price at which point his dog bit me :sensored:
He was mortified and gave me the dog bite discount :rocks:

So for 700$ delivered I got an 83' Honda VFR750F Interceptor recent paint new skins
and all it needs are 1 float bowl gasket and a battery

DSCF3933.jpg

Now I can get my ride on while big red gets done right without rushing and possible regrets afterword :clapping: :clapping:

OldGold":1gemlira said:
and all it needs are 1 float bowl gasket and a battery

Famous last werds! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
That is a great deal, plus you get to ride! Can't beat that with a stick!! Congrats on the new wheels...sux aboot the rotations, tho...

Very Nice

Theres no such thing as "not my kinda bike" to me.Theres no one bike that can do it all,In fact,as Peter Egan says,it takes at least 5,or at least 5 catagories.

1)A sport bike,becuase thats motorcycling

2)A touring bike,becuase thats traveling right

3)A dual sport.scrambler,enduro...Something that can you can get dirty and still smile

4)A cruiser for running around town locally and make some noise,just to look cool

5)A project,for sanity reasons(you can have more than one of these).

That Peter Egan is a smart guy.

Omega Man":vf81dbv9 said:
dan filipi":vf81dbv9 said:
Hell of a deal!

Not my style either, would need a nice comfy seat but yeah, I'd ride it.
LOL, Dan your what? about 6'3"? You would look rather funny on that little bike. :smilie_happy:

Nice bike/deal though :rocks:

~O~
my friend was 6'6 when he had his, he now rides a '93 cbr1000 and '90 1500se. even the 1500 se looks small and he's only grown two inches up and six around or thats what i tell him

Thanks all, she's pretty sweet. I thought it would make a good beginner bike but the more research I do the more I find out it's a weapon (11.8@ 120MPH) 140 top speed :shock:

I bought a new battery for her and some seafoam in the tank spoke to her softly
and she eventually started for me. :music: Sounds pretty mean for a 750

1 fuel bowl leaks and she needs a tune up real bad.

So I got a full on carb kit, K&N air and oil filter, fuel filter, NGK iridiums
and a couple of turn signal stems. I have next weekend off so I will tear into her then
and she should be good to go.

:thanks: MSGT-R for that great link, LOTS of good info there :good:

Enjoy the riding...Just remember those bikes are sleepers. :lazy: ..If you get complacent they will throw you down and stomp on you. :yes: ..DON'T BE FOOLED JUST BACAUSE IT IS A 750.....I HAD A KZ700 A FEW YEARS AGO THAT BUCKED ME OFF A COUPLE OF TIMES :oops: :oops: :whistling:

Yeah, so my buddy showed me a youtube video of some dude on the same bike doing a for real 2 minute wheelie :shock: :shock:

I definitely feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew YIKES!
I guess I will just have to take it real easy and be super smooth with it.

I am also glad that I am now a little older and have way more self restraint
and a little more wisdom than in my younger years.
(Not so keen on trips to the E.R no more)

Thanks for the warning all advice will be heeded for sure.

You think the V45 is quick, you'll throw rocks at it after riding the V65 :yes: a 26 year old bike that produces almost 120 HP and kicks butt with unsuspecting squid riders. :smilie_happy:

I have the Magna version. I will never let go of it.

Of course, I also have the new VFR1200 that will blow your mind! :music:

MSGT-R":20dl037i said:
You think the V45 is quick, you'll throw rocks at it after riding the V65 :yes: a 26 year old bike that produces almost 120 HP and kicks butt with unsuspecting squid riders. :smilie_happy:

I have the Magna version. I will never let go of it.

Of course, I also have the new VFR1200 that will blow your mind! :music:
Wow really, how many cycles do you have? Sounds like a barn full... That's almost like a dream come true huh.. I think he's gonna have some fun on it for sure..I want to get that New Connie1400, but daughters going to college though..I'm happy with my 1100..For Now.. :clapping:

I suffer greatly from MBS :oops:
Between me and my husband, we have 4 Hondas, 2 Kawis and an ATV..

MSGT-R":3o6hqj9g said:
I suffer greatly from MBS :oops:
Between me and my husband, we have 4 Hondas, 2 Kawis and an ATV..
That's most awesome... Really cool.. :clapping: I need help what's, MBS, Motorcycle, Buying, Syndrome I don't get out much is that right or what is it..??

mmmm I'm jealous.

V65 eh? that's kinda like a V-max then, cuz I would LOVE to eventually also get a
V max and maybe a CBX just for good measure. :music: they are yummy! :lust: :lust:

But I'd have to work up to that :whip:

I can't let myself get too sidetracked must finish the wing first, then anything goes

Then again it's tough to beat an addiction to old iron

Latest posts