length

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paddy.shadow

Reaction score
Howdy! I am picking up an 83 Interstate in the morning. $500.00 The trans is shot but it has a lot of blingy stuff that I don't yet have. I am at work and was wondering if anyone knows the length stem to stern of an 83 interstate? Will it fit in an 8' trailer?

I've carried my 83 in an 8' enclosed trailer with a little length to spare. Have to take the windshield off though for height. The 1500 is about 6" too long

According to the manual, the overall length of an '83 Interstate is 96.9 inches, or 8'-0.9". I think you can squeeze it in there, even go in at an angle if needed.

Pics

20140514_115917.png

20140514_115931.png

WOW!..That looks pretty sweet..Any chance the trans problem is an easy fix or is it definitely terminal? It is tough to find good chrome these days, congrats.

From the boxes that the motor and trans are in (all completely dis-assembled) I am gonna say terminal at this point. I do have title and keys, after I get done picking I will be parting the rest out, it's complete, so if any one is searching for that hard to find piece for their Interstate message me and we'll go from there. My interests are primarily with the parade bike accesories and the trailer hitch.

I have an '81 and '82 trans if interested! (Already out of the engines) :laptop:

If you decide to go parting after picking, can I take a ride up and buy some parts?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117845#p117845:2mv35rhu said:
mcgovern61 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:13 pm[/url]":2mv35rhu]
I have an '81 and '82 trans if interested! (Already out of the engines) :laptop:

If you decide to go parting after picking, can I take a ride up and buy some parts?
What parts are ya in need of?