• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for a front fairing - 81 Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdo -

I've been restoring my 81 interstate and I'm looking for a fairing and bracket. Color of choice is black but i have gone flat black with the bike so other colors aren't a problem as I'll need to repaint it anyway. I know these things are heavy and a pain in the ass to ship - so if you're within driving distance of Maryland (say Baltimore) or the greater Philly area that may be easier.

Anyway thanks for reading - it's a long term project so I'm not in a huge rush.

Ride Safe!

Hey Omega - You know I guess I honestly don't know - I assumed, wrongly I imagine that there was only one fairing for an 81 interstate. I kinda feel like a dumbass having to admit that but it's true. Is there a difference other than the shape?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95965#p95965:lv05n1lj said:
chrisbags » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:12 pm[/url]":lv05n1lj]
Hey Omega - You know I guess I honestly don't know - I assumed, wrongly I imagine that there was only one fairing for an 81 interstate. I kinda feel like a dumbass having to admit that but it's true. Is there a difference other than the shape?
Wiring is a bit different between the two. If I remember correctly, your '81 was an Interstate before so a Hondaline Interstate fairing should work real easy and hopefully be plug and play if your wires haven't been hacked at all.

Yeah but, if you back to an Interstate faining, don't forget the counter weight: don't need that for the Vetter.

A new member Rhombus (I think) was selling one he had just taken off of his and he lives in Richmond, VA.

Thanks Gerry and Brian - Max was an interstate from birth so i will go with the "hondaline" as my final answer - although hell I'm thinking about putting a batwing on just for the variety and to get more harley people interested in the oldwings.