missing crankcase drainage tube...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going over recommended maintenance for Crystal in anticipation on the West coast Meet&Greet and found I am missing one of the two crankcase drainage tubes. I went through the manuals and coudn't find much on the subject besides drain them when riding in rainy weather or at full throttle for a long time(my God who would want to do that!?!). The one I do have drained the watery/oily stuff with some chucks of "I don't know what." I read that the other tube can drain oil...

So I'm asking the 1500 guys, is one of these tubes connected in a way that the tube could drop straight down and out of position onto the road while riding?

~O~

I looked at the microphece(sp?) for the air box and found two tubes/vinyl hoses with a part number called a drainage plug at the end with the same clamps coming from the box connected to parts called "Tank Strorage" and "Joint Air Cleaner."

Hmmm, now as I write this I'm thinking a look at the air box might show me which tube is missing and where it connects. I started this thread because I had no idea where these tubes connect. I'm going to keep this up in case my hunch is wrong. From what I can find this stuff is simply PVC type stuff and nothing to worry about for the time being.

~O~

My wife (who is my personal Goldwing backrest...interchangeable between Goldwing models 1975-2014) noticed something hanging out of the bottom of mine while it was parked one day. She asked me if something was falling off the bike. I looked, and could tell that it was some sort of drain tube. If you'd like, I'll take a pic of it and post it here. Tell me what you're looking for, and I'll see what I can do. I'm getting used to the 1500, but it still isn't as smooth as the 1100...yet.

Latest posts