My new dash panel!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can anyone tell me if I have the correct wiring for my bike? I have the whole type II set-up except the cassette deck.

And since I'm already here. Can anyone tell me where #'s 1-4 go? Oh and just what is #1? I thought it was a button at first, but it's solid.

~O~

Part of #2 shouold be grounded that is the eyelet.. and the other may go to power.. (lights?/ Volts?)... and number one may be either sensor.. ( pressure, temperature(air) or water/oil) or may be a light or buzzer from the looks of it.. andy that is my conjecturre for the day!!

I knew that.. the other may got to a different cconnection in the 83 wiring harness.. you may need to d/l the 83 schematics to isolate the pin outs.. or ask AndyB what did the panel show for the temp reading.. engiine heat or air temp..

Man, those manuals on https://www.goldwingdocs.com are fantastic.

What I've learned:

#3 goes the the radio tuner on right side of fairing.

#4 goes to the CB unit on right side of fairing.

#1-2 deal with the combo volt/temp(will update when I find out where)

Thought I'd post it in case someone goes through the same.

~O~

1 is the temperature lead. Mine had a hole drilled in the bottom of the fairing, below the headlight and it stuck out there.
2 is connected to the accessory part of the fuse block and measures volts.
I can't believe how fast that it got out there.

Well it didn't take that long to install.

I had a hole pre-drilled with a grommet in it so I used that for the temp sensor.

The branch lead hole was full, and I didn't want to drill another, so I ran the voltmeter hookup through the vent and into the faux tank where I hooked it up to the acc on the fuse block.

Thanks again Andy for parting this out for me. I never thought I'd find a panel this nice, let alone with LED gauges. :salute: Nice and brite the way I like them.

~O~

:cool!: Oh Man, now I'm gonna have to get the 4ott steel wool and polish out and try to get mine to shine like that :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

The wiring scheme for the Clarion 2 systems is the same on the 82 and 83's. When you buy the complete setup from some one always make sure it comes with the additional wiring harness adapter for the power feed splitters in the fairing, then you don't have to jury rigged the power leads.

The install manuals off GSMcleans site shows all the components and where and how they install.

Also be aware that the input socket on the distribution component (main intercom unit) can be used with an adapter cord off Ebay to plug in the audio feed from a mp3 player or gps unit. Already done this on my 82 and it feeds the gps audio straight to my headsets.

Here it is from the install manual. Each lead plug is different and color coded so you can't hook them up wrong. I actually installed all of my system the first time without a manual and it worked right the first time. It's the one labeled Intercom Wire. It's about 8-10 inches long.

Wiringharness.jpg

Bagmaster, I have a couple of plugs like that on the back of mine, but I'm almost sure it's a clarion 1. How do I know for sure if its a 1 or 2?

plskthompson1":1pk5bjci said:
Bagmaster, I have a couple of plugs like that on the back of mine, but I'm almost sure it's a clarion 1. How do I know for sure if its a 1 or 2?

Either of those 2 plugs feeds the speaker amp on a Clarion 1 system, the other one can be used for the headsets and intercom.

Latest posts