My other project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megadeth

Reaction score
Well I love my 83 naked gw but I also got a lot of love for my other project. 81 harley ironhead. Complete rebuild about done
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367234005.965272.jpg

I love the harley and when it's done it's going to be a sweet looking bike. But..... I must say it is not a long ride bike. It beats the crap out of ya after about 2 hours you want off. I rode the goldwing all over Saturday and wanted to just keep riding. I am glad I got it its a great bike and now I understand why people love them. Very well made and dependable . Have a feeling the gw is going to get a lot of miles on it.

Just a whole lot easier to eat up the miles. I expect our 81 and 82 Goldwings to be able to match it with my brothers 2012 Road King

Megadeth":1of0z9ku said:
I love the harley and when it's done it's going to be a sweet looking bike. But..... I must say it is not a long ride bike. It beats the crap out of ya after about 2 hours you want off. I rode the goldwing all over Saturday and wanted to just keep riding. I am glad I got it its a great bike and now I understand why people love them. Very well made and dependable . Have a feeling the gw is going to get a lot of miles on it.

lots of them still on the road..?

sometimes a Harley is just what want o to ride especial;;y the hard mounts you feel everything they have ...on small street fun rides they can be the best invigorating ....sweet bike and projects wing and ironhead

I agree the harley is fun to fly around town and I like the old school feel hell I like vintage bikes . The wing is great for long rides . The girlfriend and I just took a long ride tonight on the wing she just loves it. Me too could have just kept going and going

My brother had a Sportster and we could only take trips within 1 hour of his house. He couldn't take the numb butt and numb hands after more than an hour! :smilie_happy:

He took my '82 for a spin and said it was too much like a smooth car ride for him! :hihihi:

:shock: :smilie_happy: :popcorn: :shock:
That's pretty funny!! :clapping:

Of course the Harley won.
Everybody knows loud equals more power and saved lives :roll:

P.S. I have nothing against Harley's.
It's the owners running straight pipes to make it as loud as possible running down the main street and past my house I don't like.

The Sporty was never meant to be a road bike. It was a racing bike, one day somebody made a beer run, it's been a bar hopper ever since.
I do like the Sportster for what it is, though. With the understanding that it will never be an Electicglide.

I have heard people refer to them as a "bitch bike".

Megadeth":3hjw2e2r said:

scdmarx":2qlsjy7y said:
The Sporty was never meant to be a road bike. It was a racing bike, one day somebody made a beer run, it's been a bar hopper ever since.
I do like the Sportster for what it is, though. With the understanding that it will never be an Electicglide.

I have heard people refer to them as a "bitch bike".

The bitch bike started when the evo came out . They took all the personality away and made it just another bike.

Latest posts