Need a source for vinyl spray color

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Placerville

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a '77 seat at a swap meet that I'm going to restore for re-sale. One of the items to be refreshed is the seat's HONDA logo. I happen to chat up a Web-based dealer (Beatrice Cycle Inc.) asking if they had a stencil to match the '75-'79 logo. They didn't, so I sent them photos and dimensions of mine. The are now producing one (here) and gave me one free for my assistance.

My problem is that I can't seem to find a commercially produced vinyl spay that will correctly reproduce the color of the Honda logo. I've looked at SEM and VHT but, neither of them have anything in the gold range. I contacted Cool Retro Bikes (the guy that sells the million dollar early GL seats on eBay) but, he wouldn't give me any advice on sourcing paint unless I bought one of his $50 stencils. So, my next thought was to go to a local auto paint shop and see if they can color match vinyl spray for a Preval or one of their own cans.

Before I do this, does anyone have any source for the color I need?

You might check out www.colorrite.com Placerville. If they don't have it, they might be able to steer you in the right direction. Duplicolor has some vinyl sprays but I haven't used them so I don't know if you can get the right color or how they stand up over time.

Located this on eBay. Looks about right.

$(KGrHqJ,!h4E-byvCz4dBPpwB13EYQ~~60_57.JPG