Needs some help No power

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you gone back through all your recent installations? Might be a ground wire off. Maybe a PO decided to use a fuseable link or eliminate the main fuse? Seems time to bust out a meter and start spark chasing.

Ron1YY":l870vyyo said:
I was thinking, When I mounted the new gauges, that's when the power went, Maybe I knocked an ignition wire loose or something ???

Definitely possible...that's prolly the best place to start. I have found, at least on mine, that the connectors up in the dash area have a habit of not staying connected very well, if the wiring is pulled on much.

Well, I am just full of fun news. It was a bad weekend for me and The Ride ..... Started tracing the lines and was just unwrapping electrical tape from everywhere. kept on that all day yesterday until around 4. Needed a break so I was replacing the tach cable and went to put the fuel pump bolt back in and snapped it.

Drilled a hold and got an extractor and guess what ??? I Snapped that too !!!

I'm going to go at this a different way come Wednesday night, I am taking a break and will think it through and go back at it then.

WOOHOO !!!! Good day today !! I found the short and Soldered it and heat shrinked it !!!! I tried to drill out the extractor and went through 4 bits LOL !!!! I'll try again tomorrow ;)

This is going to be Well worth it when I'm done ;) I'll be able to say that I did it All Myself with the advise from Here !!!!

Ron1YY":3u4yan65 said:
WOOHOO !!!! Good day today !! I found the short and Soldered it and heat shrinked it !!!! I tried to drill out the extractor and went through 4 bits LOL !!!! I'll try again tomorrow ;)

Ron, could you please tell me where the short in your system was?

Thanks,
Fitz

Latest posts