New Member with an '81 GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert gannon gries

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New member in Fort Worth, Texas with a new-to-me 1981 GL1100. I've really enjoyed the bike the couple weeks I've had it and am excited to learn more! My main bikes are an '07 BMW R1200RT and a '02 BMW K1200RS. I've had old airheads and Moto Guzzi in the past as my vintage bikes, but I wanted something more relaxed and comfortable for two-up. The GL seems to be in great shape, but I'll probably want to rebuild the carburetors sometime soon. Are there any recommendations for places to purchase rebuild kits from?

Gannon Gries

Welcome to The Forum and enjoy! The guy that rebuilt my carbs said he only uses Honda parts, he bought them from Honda, not as a kit but individual parts he required. That has been a few years ago, so don't know if anything has changed since then.

Hi everyone! New member in Fort Worth, Texas with a new-to-me 1981 GL1100. I've really enjoyed the bike the couple weeks I've had it and am excited to learn more! My main bikes are an '07 BMW R1200RT and a '02 BMW K1200RS. I've had old airheads and Moto Guzzi in the past as my vintage bikes, but I wanted something more relaxed and comfortable for two-up. The GL seems to be in great shape, but I'll probably want to rebuild the carburetors sometime soon. Are there any recommendations for places to purchase rebuild kits from?

Gannon Gries
randakks.com

Be careful of Randakk's. They aren't as good as they used to be since Randall sold it. I've been burned a bit by them since then. Randall was very good but the new owners not so much.

Latest posts