Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter trash

Reaction score
hello from texas
have 76 gl 1000 trying to reserect from setting 15 or so yr
as you know needs every thing
my wife and I road this bike for about 10 yr and then handed it off to my son
he road it for severial yr before going to callage and getting married
and then was stored now I am trying to get going again for him
sometimes wonder if it is worth it but it is a labor of love
hope this is posted in the right place if not please give a newby
a little gidance be checking in ever once in a while

scooter trash

just signed on to this site last night and have had severial welcomes thanks for that.If I my I'd like to chech you up on my project
started the reserection about 4 mo. ago thus for I have replaced the water pump,thermastat,rad. hoses,new oil and filter.and
have water in it,new belts,replace fork seals,replaced front brake master cyclender,new switch controles on rt side,cleaned gas tank,
new battery,fresh gas,after some truble did get it to fire and run but missing on one cylender determoned have bad coil,also cleaned carbs

whats left to do
rear brakes
replace coils
put oil in forks
replace broken lugage rack
reinstale bags and ture trunk
put in antifreze
check all lighting
then hopfully take a ride

Welcome from Southern California! My mom was born in Quitaque, and I spent a lot of time in Matador and Flomot. My brother graduated from West Texas State (now A&M). Have fun with that project of yours!

thanks again for all the welcomes
I broke my leg 3 weeks ago had to have it operated on so cant get to my project just now
I'll try to get pic, as soon as I can
thanks for the interest

don't know if this is the right place for tech info or not but would like to share smothing I decovered while changeing the cam belts

before removing old belts I rotated the motor to top dead center [TDC] checked to make sure the cams were in time with arrows pointing
to out side marks. I then took 2 of the belt cover bolts and screwed them back in the block next to the cam gears then using tie wire to
secured the gears to the bolts thus perventing them from moveing when I removed the old belts , replaced the belts replaced the
idolers put tention on left belt cut the wire rotated the motor 1 revolution and put tention on right belt rotated the motor 1 more revolution
checked cam marks and TDC to make sure they were corect then rotated motor severial times and rechecked timeing marks
every thing was still in time Mite have gone out of the way to insure proper timeing put though it seemed important to mantaine the timeing

Latest posts