New North Texas wing owner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c130mech

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased my first Goldwing. A 1980 GL1100 with 39k on the clock. So far everything looks good mechanically. Just changed the final drive oil and went through the brakes. Next will be new tires, timing belt, fork oil, and carb clean and sync. I've owned many bikes through the years but never a wing so I'm pretty excited. I've always been a big fan of the late 70's and 80's bikes. (I'm only 31) so seeing my family always tricking out their GS's and Z1's sort of stuck with me. My current daily commuter is a 1986 GSXR 750, hence why I bought the wing. Not wanting to rack up the miles on the ol girl and my neck and back don't fair so well on a sportbike anymore. Hope to learn many new things about this bike.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, c130mech!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mama & I make it out to Azle every couple o months or so... :good:

C130 mech huh. That overhaul program made me retire from McClellan AFB here in Sacramento. I was program manager for the F-111 program, and th were retiring them. :head bang: then they came to me and sait that i wes going to be giver the C130, as they were also reteing, not ony that but I woukd also get the A10s. well I thought about that for about 3 days, then I told them I could't because I was also retiring :smilie_happy: :cheeky: I was retiried 1 month later. :Egyptian: :Egyptian:

Welcome from Ontario Canada (I did not know Texas even had a North Wing - you must be rich)

Thanks for all of the warm comments. Seems like I always run into a C-130 mech, lol. This is the best pic I have right now.

Attachments

• goldwing1.jpg
    goldwing1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 82
Don't look now, but someone stole yer saddlebags! :smilie_happy:
Looks pretty clean, tho. Definitely seen worse! :good:

c130mech":y5wa7asx said:
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased my first Goldwing. A 1980 GL1100 with 39k on the clock. So far everything looks good mechanically. Just changed the final drive oil and went through the brakes. Next will be new tires, timing belt, fork oil, and carb clean and sync. I've owned many bikes through the years but never a wing so I'm pretty excited. I've always been a big fan of the late 70's and 80's bikes. (I'm only 31) so seeing my family always tricking out their GS's and Z1's sort of stuck with me. My current daily commuter is a 1986 GSXR 750, hence why I bought the wing. Not wanting to rack up the miles on the ol girl and my neck and back don't fair so well on a sportbike anymore. Hope to learn many new things about this bike.
Hi & welcome from Socal :hi: :hi: .Had an 89 gsx-r 1100 blk/slvr down in 92.Gave up on it,. Same ol back & neck thing going on.Besides things would show up at me faster than I could have imagined :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: .Made it thru in one piece though.Clutchless willies on third with twist of throttle priceless :mrgreen: Nice black wing you got there :rocks: