New to me '84

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look myself. Maybe move them to the crash bars? Oh and you have the long lowers on that fairing. Dibs if you ever decide to sell them!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175404#p175404:1qaf1d6s said:
slabghost » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 pm[/url]":1qaf1d6s]
I like the look myself. Maybe move them to the crash bars? Oh and you have the long lowers on that fairing. Dibs if you ever decide to sell them!

Just so you are aware, those lowers will only work on a Windjammer V.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175844#p175844:2eroa74w said:
frozenpoet » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:52 pm[/url]":2eroa74w]
So there are drag specialties badges all over the bike, anything worth looking to see?

Drag Specialties made a lot of aftermarket parts for GoldWings. You can't find much of their new stuff for the older bikes, but you can find some good things on eBay.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175848#p175848:2f40wvnf said:
brianinpa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:24 pm[/url]":2f40wvnf]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175404#p175404:2f40wvnf said:
slabghost » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 pm[/url]":2f40wvnf]

Just so you are aware, those lowers will only work on a Windjammer V.
:thanks: I have two.

well, just about a month after I bought her I finally got to take her out for a ride. Thing speeds up way better than it slows down. It stops ok, but I'm disappointing with the "bite" of the front brake only stopping. Have to check out a few things, but that's "ok" for now, just hope I don't have to do a panic stop.

Took it on the interstate and it hit 80 mph without even trying. :salute:

My front end was bouncing around more than I care for, but I the front for seals need to be replaced, so it's hard to say how much oil is actually still in the forks. Hopefully, I fix one and it takes care of the other.

I don't think the rear shocks are holding air, but the rear was ok, so not that worried about it right now.

Adjust the bars, PO has them almost in my lap, and new tires and should be about it. :yahoo:

until something else breaks, but that happens.

O, fan isn't working, but I know the fuse is blown...missing actually, so no big deal there.

Front brake only is just one caliper. Rear brake uses the other front caliper. Rear only braking is not possible unless you redo the system. Front only you don't want to lock up the wheel.

In part, I think I was expecting more, in other part I think I still had a little air in the system. I took it to work today and was doing some "panic stops" on my way, I think they are better than I thought they were.

Yesterday I filled up the tank and the gauge was showing full, but on the way home it was showing near empty, (total miles rode around 70) is it common for the gas gauge to be wrong on these things? If not, and it is correct, I'm losing/burning a lot of gas.

If gauge fails it is either the sender itself or the 7v power supply. More likely you have some issues with the carbs. Do you smell raw gas?

I wouldn't say raw gas, but it does smell. It also does little pops when letting the throttle out, and today it had a small backfire when I started it after work.

If there is any need of an excuse yes. I've been very happy with my 1200 carb racks so far but so far they have not leaked or plugged up. Mine does get the enricheners stuck though so that may also be your issue.

I think the sending unit is bad, as it says the tank is empty, but you can see gas when you remove the gas cap... no big deal, just good to know.

The fan on the other hand is something else, I replaced the fuse but it still didn't kick on, even at almost the red overheating mark. I think the fan temp switch went bad and the P.O. wired it to a toggle switch that isn't working now... I'll have to investigate later when it's not 95 outside.

Stay away from the red zone!! Get your fan working asap before you need to pull heads etc..