New (to me) bike

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1992 yamaha fj1200
I bought this from a friend who has had it since nearly new.I know how well it has been treated.This thing has unbelievable torque and handles like a sport bike.

Seeing as most of my riding has been solo lately this will be my new main bike,it is very comfortable and has the full set of GIVI bags ,for plenty of storage,but simply removed for everyday riding.

I will be keeping the wing for the time being and licensing it as AUTHENTIC using it only on rare ocasions.It has been a great bike but I worry about the miles and am ready for something new.

Attachments

• vintage riceburners 031.JPG
    vintage riceburners 031.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 149
NICE................ I bet that thing will run .... is that one of them Yamaha motors with 5 Valves per, Cyl. ?????

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=98059#p98059:1gl4kfpt said:
Tory » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:57 pm[/url]":1gl4kfpt]
I dont know about the 5 valves per cylinder,will have to look that up,but they are the preferred motors in the legend cars.
no it doesn't have five valve heads only the fazors ( 700 ) got that. by the time the fj's came around yamaha was back to four valve heads

Latest posts