No power when key is turned on?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz2at

Reaction score
Just put the rebuilt carbs back in and it fired right up. I then turned the kill switch off and now I have no power at all. The battery shows 12.59vt. Is there another main fuse besides the one connected to the starter relay?

Thanks

Yes, back to center and no power. I mean no lights or power to the fuse box at all? :head bang:

I have checked everything with a meter except the key switch plug. It looks to be a PITA to get at.

hmmmm id say its in the kill switch need to go to the wiring diagrms in the gallery and check what wire is hot going to the ignition switch and check it first ...i think its black and yellow wire to kill swicht man what luck ...you will find it it cant be big just hard to find maybe

I have 12vt at the red wire going into the starter switch.

Make sure the ground wire to the frame is grounding first thing, I bet it's the switch connections..

The ground from the battery to the frame is good. What switch connections are you talking about?

the kill switch...sorry about that, if you have a mulitmeter check to see if you have the same reading on the other side of the solenoild on the red wire, red wire should be the same as before the solenoid....Being that it died as it should when you turned the switch off when you turn it back on there's nothing right? Check that plastic plugin..

Wiggle the key! These key switches sometimes get caught between positions (at least mine does :hihihi: ). I usually take the key all the way to lock on the left and then all the way to the right past power on and then back and mine always resets.

Check the Kill sw. the kill sw grounds out the Ignition. Check the both sides of kill sw to ground if both sides are ground the sw is shorted (broken) may be able to salvage it, spray with WD and work it , it may start to work. Good luck

Ok, so I have pulled the front fearing and checked the key switch which turns out to be good. I have power coming up to the switch and going out. The last item I just ohmed out was the voltage regulator and I think it's bad. I get nothing when I ohm it out the reverse way per the FSM and I get 1.6M ohm the normal way. So, needless to say I think I found my problem dangit anyway!

yes it wont ...need to follow black and yellow to the kill switch...then once there its ballist resistor bupass and 12 volt hot to coils ...im still thinking the problem is here and beyond...

Latest posts