Not a bike question, Ok who knows something 2007 Chevrolet cobalts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
My daughter leaves her 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt here when she is on duty overseas 50,000 miles on it 4 cylinder.
So I have to drive it once in a while to keep everything moving on it. (somebody has to you understand).
Anyway it has a digital temperature gauge and like today on the way home I see it read 194 and outside temp was 80 and I have seen it go as high as 205 when in the 90s outside before, looks full of coolant.
So does this sound normal back in the old days we used 180 degree thermostats or so (but we never had a digital temperature gauge either) does anyone know what they run in these cars and does that sound normal?
Jerry

T stats are up to 212 degrees these days. Maybe higher. I've no idea what is on the cobalts but we have a few mechanics here that should be along to weigh in. My guess is it's probably normal.

My 06 4.8 liter ran well into 200-225 and often higher with A/C on on hot days before I installed a heavy duty fan clutch so I'd bet the temps your seeing on the Cobalt are normal in it's design.

Shoot...205 is runnin cool.... :yes:
Anywhere in the 195-220 range is "normal", or nothing to worry about. :eek:k:

Latest posts