'nother redneck Winger from Pennsylvania

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PopStevenson

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll. Thanks for having me. I bought my 1st bike this year for my 40th birthday. I know I'm a cradle robber being 30 years older than my Cherry-Leigh, but hey, gotta stay young some how. My Cherry-Leigh is an 86 Wing, I-State.

So far I've rebuilt the forks, solved the headlight malfunction and the front brake signal switch. Stripped her naked and checked her out as best I can for a newbie. The list is a little long for getting her workin right, then dressing her up.

Daddy do list:
Starter bolts are snapped. Need to drill em out and tap new. (yea PO started her up, but didn't relay this problem)
exhaust, yea, what exhaust... flex pipe on the left auto pipe on the right. Nice and loud at least.
Speedometer gear busted. easy fix.
Missing plenty of screws (yea, crazy as any woman). Faux tank is held on by one, trunk rack and bags are missing a couple.
Clutch master cyl is my current project. Not making enough travel to disengage, and bleeding didn't correct.
Stator is toast, she has a Poor Boy kit, and that is turning less than 12
T/S switches are a little funky, sticking.
cracked left hard bag.
After all that, Cherry-Leigh is going to the beauty shop for some fresh color. Still not sure if I'm going factory or custom overall.

If your coming through the Susquey Valley and need a hand, find me. :hi: :beer: :moped:

Attachments

• IMG_6736.jpg
    IMG_6736.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 465