Old rider in a new place

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1979wing

Reaction score
:moped: Riding since 1979. In 1982, age 19, went to a Honda dealer and saw a 1979 CBX beside a 1979 goldwing......hemmed and hawed......which seat do I take (Rebecca Black inference).....guess which bike the 19 year old bought. By the way, in 1982, the Honda CBX-Z could actually go 155 MPH (238 kmh). I think that the statute of limitations has expired on speeding tickets.

Fast forward to 2013, another proverbial kick at the cat. found a 1979 goldwing, 4600 original kms, black on black on black, with a whole whack of chrome, Vetter ware.....cycle sound, king queen touring seat, as new, and gorgeous. Lots of looks and questions when I ride. Just like being at the dealership back in '82. Bought it up, first week I owned it I finally broke it in, over 5K now.....drove 906 kms dawn to dusk. I invoked midlife crisis to buy it, though.....wife said I had enough bikes....Silverwing aside, Gold wing better.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, 1979wing!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Let's see some PICS! :beg:

I didnt know you had pics, WOW!..That is one clean Goldwing.
You might want to re think the driving lights to keep the stator in healthy shape though, they say the GL puts out 300 watts so if you add up all the factory lights, ignition ect. there isn't much wiggle room for heavy loads.