• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

On the hunt for a replacement engine.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks gerry ....i thought hard before i posted but agin i tought you would understand ....so i did ...thompson in a bad spot after all the work hes done on his bike
to have it go like it did ....this same thing could of happen to me for the same reasons it happen to thompson i was lucky and thompson was not .....this is a hard lesson on how important the ignition system being in tip top shape....because this is what took down thompson bike bike period....and he didnt get any grace period to figure it out at all like i did .....anyway thanks gerry for understanding i knew you would and thompson im pulling for you the best i know how or can i wish i could do more for you
your taking what was spared me ......

No harm, no foul, I say. I started thinking about it and the length of the drive was really turning me against it any way.

On a good note, I may have a lead on a complete 83 ready to roll. Hangs on whether the wife is willing to give her little 250 up to get both of us one and if the guy with the 83 is interested. Keeping my fingers crossed on both ends.

plskthompson1":ahfyx7o8 said:
No harm, no foul, I say. I started thinking about it and the length of the drive was really turning me against it any way.

On a good note, I may have a lead on a complete 83 ready to roll. Hangs on whether the wife is willing to give her little 250 up to get both of us one and if the guy with the 83 is interested. Keeping my fingers crossed on both ends.
Boy if you can get an '83 GO FOR IT! :clapping:

I cannot tell you how pleased I am with this '83 engine! Many improvements over the '81. For example:

* Larger oil site glass made in a circle. I do not need a flashlight to see the oil level! :clapping:
* Beefier wire on the engine harness! :clapping:
* Better gearing so that 5th actually is overdrive! :clapping:

Latest posts