one of the sweetest sounds and feelings I know

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryinmich57

Reaction score
I just have to say when I got out of work today I got stopped by the red light :popcorn: But as I drove away ( after the light changed to green of course)
I was slowly picking up speed up to about 2000 rpm and slowly pulling in Stella's clutch and stepping on the heel shifter and slipping her up a gear
That sound and feel of the gears meshing and the clunk telling me it was solid shift has to be one of the sweetest sounds :music3: I have ever heard almost made me want to slow down so I could do it again. :music:
Jerry

:hi: :whip: If you think that feels goooooood, try going through the gears with a hand full of throttle and shifting into 5th at about 80 or 90. That is when you know that you have a grrrrreeeeeeeeeeat piece of machinery under you.

Every time I grab second gear with "a handfull of throttle" the front forks hit the top of their travel and the front wheel gets a lot lighter. :yahoo: Now mind you it does not rise but it does leave the pavement for a half second (ok maybe a tenth of a second) :smilie_happy: .
It might have something to do with amount of weight sitting on the seat :salute: but I know it happens.
The fastest Stella has gone is 70 with me on the express way.
Jerry

sunnyl":3qcqpczm said:
:hi: :whip: If you think that feels goooooood, try going through the gears with a hand full of throttle and shifting into 5th at about 80 or 90. That is when you know that you have a grrrrreeeeeeeeeeat piece of machinery under you.

Only 80-90 to 5th gear :fishin: :fishin:

80-90 MPH is easy in 3rd.........trust me! :hihihi:

(I mean....how fast is the bike going when the speedo stops at 80 MPH, the needle is buried, only 6800 RPM and still in 3rd gear??)

The sweetest sound on my bike is when cruising about 65 mph right in her sweet spot listening to the steady even humm.
Along with the exhaust humm the tranny joins in the chorus to produce a sing that absolutely love to hear.
Life is good when out on the road all alone, perfect weather. Just me and the machine.

Yep, i just love the sounds of my 2 wings. I put a radio on the 76 for a short while. Took it back off. I liked riding better without it. I have an exhaust of an 82 on the 76 and love the sound of it. Too bad it's starting to rust out. Guess I'll have to put a stock exhaust on it soon, not that it sounds bad either.

:cheeky: :head bang:
Ohhhhhh.....you all SUCK! :rant: Here mine is tore apart in a meeeelyun pieces, and here you are talkin aboot how sweet it is to be riding..... :cheeky: :crying: :cheeky:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :moped:

Sorry Joel....didn't mean to rub it in. :whistling:

If it is any consulation, you can listen to the sweet sound of my knocking '81 engine?

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :cheeky:

You guy's are funny, I guess that's why I keep coming back here...It's an addiction I swear,,,I'm a sick puppy.. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :fishin: What I enjoy is this, I like to see if I can shift thru the gears smoother than I did at the last stop light, I totally understand the sound you guys are talking about and it's lovely indeed, I like the sound of downshifting and from 3 to to 4th and 5th or sometimes at a slow cruise but at a high rev. like in second gear but not quite ready to shift to third in a neighborhood...I like that...Yeh these classics are pretty freakin cool in my book once you get them running proper..I will never worry again now I'm done with this alt. conversion..

mcgovern61":bl2fs4aq said:
Sorry Joel....didn't mean to rub it in. :whistling:

If it is any consulation, you can listen to the sweet sound of my knocking '81 engine?

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :cheeky:

Hey McG! you didn't fall off at the end of that video I hope?

1060dsl":xo81gel1 said:
Naw, the camera was on a strap around my neck and I was holding it with my left hand and speed shifting. At the end after I knew I had recorded the sound I needed I just let go of the camera.

mcgovern61":1gv0edz0 said:
1060dsl":1gv0edz0 said:
Naw, the camera was on a strap around my neck and I was holding it with my left hand and speed shifting. At the end after I knew I had recorded the sound I needed I just let go of the camera.
:good: :good: Phew - had me worried there :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

my Scooter does it for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n89rPjv ... e=youtu.be
this thing jumps just about as fast under load as it does on the center stand

But I would be Lying if I said the Old Girl was Old School !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIxv7y90 ... e=youtu.be

but then I have to admit I am an easy guy to please !!

yes i just got back from a ride and the angry dresser made me feel so good ...only druming takes to a better place ...i realy love these oldwings ...smooth sweet running bikes ..and the angry dresser can move out rather good ...always a thrill to ride an oldwing

Latest posts