Phase One, Complete

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey andyb what tire sizes do you have on your bike front and back ....im liking your thoughts on phase two .... you have good natural sense of direction in this project ...

its just fantastic everything cordinates together so well im speechless i cant even come up with words to discribe how much i like it and the first time yove done it

A+A+A+A+A+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Joe, thanks for the kind words. I am running stock 83 size wheels and tires. Front-120/90-18 and rear 140/90-16.

Andyb":1614rlao said:
I bought my 83 Interstate in January 2009 with no intention of going naked. But, after seeing all the beautiful bikes over on https://www.ngwclub.com I decided to give it a go. My eventual plan is to turn it into a bagger like a Road King. Well, I am done with Phase One.

Here is where I started

IMG00184.jpg

Since then, I have...

Stripped fairing, bags and guards off
Replaced headlight with one from https://www.aztec8.com
replaced blinkers with cheapies from ebay
Added Walmart driving lights with ebay 35 watt bulbs
Painted the tank and side covers with Krylon Smoke Gray and Gloss Black, and Duplicolor Metal Cast red.
Replaced the fenders with early 80's CB900 fenders
Cut the exhaust off at the headers and replaced with store bought Exhaust pipe. Wrapped with exhaust tape and painted it with Flat black VHT paint.
Painted valve covers and intake runners with gloss black engine paint.

And, now, this is what I have

rear+right.jpg

rear+close+up.jpg

front+right.jpg

Hello new member here.having a little trouble with posting here, but thats what i was going for.you can see it at goldwing with harley fairing.hop you have as my fun fixing it up as i did.thankssorry that on youtube

Hey Scratch, welcome aboard. I really like that Harley fairing on yours. I am leaning heavily in that direction except I am thinking Memphis Shades so I can pull it off real quick when I want.

hey andy hows things going ....your bike is giving me ideals about what im doing on my 1200 -1000

mix i got going on....im realy happy with my 82 1100 .....and wont be messing with it ....

got any suggestions on paint for frame and motor ....

Nice work,and I dont totally mind the naked thing,but most start with ruffer rides.

Although I respect your work and taste,I must mourn for the loss of such a beutiful dresser as well :(