question about 82 interstate fairing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noca

Reaction score
Do you guys think 82 interstate fairing can fit on a 83 aspencade? I have some giving me 82 inny fairing but now should if they will fit my 83 aspy.

the wiring harnesses are slightly different but not a real big deal .....i put an 83 on a 82 and except for the slight wiring difference it was the same and easy to do :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums!

I don't think the swap will be plug and play but it should bolt on just fine.
I don't think the swap would affect the digital dash but don't take my word on it.

Might have a look at the wiring diagrams for each. We have them in the Gallery. Wiring Diagrams here.

the fairing is the same it was not till 86 or later that they changed that much that thy would not fit
Chas.
after reading this I was curious. I have admired the square headlight in the 84's for some time... not sure if I'd change to one. but just the same. I always figuered the change between the gl1100 and the gl1200 were alot differnt fairing.
I like the remote adjuster on the 1200 much better than the 1100 right behind the gauges..

sorry to hijack the thread.
noca hows the project going?

No problem on the Post jack. :salute: I done a couple of time myself on another site. :whistling: :Doh2: As far it going pretty good. Trying to firgure out what color going to paint it in. Most of my bike was black or close to black except for my first one (81 inny) and this one. Found Ford royal blue or something else. :head bang:

Latest posts