Rear Brake Rotor

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooltech

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the brake rotors from jc whitney they are ebc brake rotor heavy duty
#SKU #: 1JA 327721 Mfr #: MD1082 If anyone knows about them it would be great but if you know
where I can get a honda one that is new would be better due to mine is bad and needs replaced
damaged before I got the bike the one that is on it is a solide type the one from jc whitney is vented
like my front ones are with out cross drilling

The guys here will correct me if I'm wrong but from what I see most aftermarket rotors are vented with those drill holes. Two reasons, the obvious one is cooling but also has to do with "substantial difference" need to be different from OEM to avoid copyright infringement.

They are softer and will not last as long as the OEM but IMO they will last long enough

Yes and they make a funny clicking sound when you apply the rear brake ( at least they do on mine) :music2: :music2:

joedrum":3sn2uwtw said:
never liked beams with holes in them and i wouldnt drill a solid rotor ...im sure im the minority on this

If your in the minority your not alone - I don't see automobiles with drilled rotors! Any they have to stop a lot more inertia than our little bikes.

Well im my line of work I see a lot of cross drilled after market rotors on cars and trucks and they do seem to work better than the stock ones
the only thing with them is if they are warped you can not turn them so you have to buy new ones but I have seen more stock ones warp
than the cross drilled. :moped:

1060dsl":2vi6k57q said:
joedrum":2vi6k57q said:
never liked beams with holes in them and i wouldnt drill a solid rotor ...im sure im the minority on this

If your in the minority your not alone - I don't see automobiles with drilled rotors! Any they have to stop a lot more inertia than our little bikes.

Count me in your numbers. I figure if vented rotors were really needed, the manufacturer would have put them there when the bike was new.

brianinpa":1l3006gd said:
1060dsl":1l3006gd said:
joedrum":1l3006gd said:

Count me in your numbers. I figure if vented rotors were really needed, the manufacturer would have put them there when the bike was new.
My '82 front rotors are vented big time! (Came that way from the factory.) Must be a reason Honda thought it was a good idea.

yes way cheaper gee some of the newer stuff is redicules ..they turned a solid one piece rotor with 5 or 6 bolts and turned it into 6 bolts twenty rivets plus more ...glue ...and many pieces of steel ...ill stay with one piece 6bolts please and skip the holes :mrgreen:

Latest posts