Rear floorboards/Centerstand

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vancek

Reaction score
Greetings!

I have a question for those of you who have passenger floor boards on your older Wing. Mine is a 1977. The rear boards are in the way of getting my size twelve on the center stand. :head bang: Does/did anyone have this problem also? If so, what did you do to be able to use the center stand with a little more ease?

Thanks in advance.

Vance

Oh I wear a 13 and have the same problem. I just fight with it to get it down because nothing I tried allowed me to get the stand down and roll right into lifting the bike onto the stand. I have actually gotten pretty good at doing it even with my winter riding boots on.

Thanks. I have been thinking about welding an extension of some sort onto it - just to be able to get it down a little until I could stomp on it and lift the bike up and back - OR, just taking the boards off and replacing them with pegs...

:builder:

My boards fold up, but the bracket for them still sticks out some...I have a pretty neat scar on my right shin from the first time I put it up on center after installing the boards.... :crying:
I have the same problem getting my big tootsies on the stand...but I have found that if I lean the bike over to the right a little, I can push the center stand down far enough to get my boot on it....