Rear shock absorbers issue

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Sunday I took my wife to an ice cream parlor on the Enterprise (60 miles away, far isn't it? :mrgreen: ) During the trip I noticed a hard hitting on rear on road bumps. At my first gas station stop I checked the air pressure on the shock absorbers and it was 0 psi. I called Scotty at the machine room and told me to put 25-30 psi on the shocks. Back home I noticed the same issue on every road bump. My weight is 215 lbs and my copilot 145 lbs. When I checked the pressure at home it was 0 psi again.

Tomorrow I will check every hose for leaks using water & soap. Any other hint?

Jungo

Check the hoses & fittings, of course. If you find no leakage in any of those, check the tops of the shocks themselves, not just where the hoses are, but where the top part fits into the top of the shock...there are o-rings there that could leak. The only other place for air to escape is from the lower seals of the shocks, which would usually create an oil leak too, unless there is no oil left in them.
Imma guessing you do not have the on-board compressor for the shocks?