Rear Shocks losing pressure

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey66

Reaction score
The rear shocks on my 82 lose enough pressure over night that the light for low pressure stays on next morning and I have to pump er back up AGAIN. Changed the oil and inspected the hoses last winter.No fluid coming out any where,just losing air.Had about enough of this cause as you know a little oil comes out the valve each time you check or add pressure and makes a mess.Any ideas or someone had same problem?All the fittings are tight and I only run the min. recommended pressure(below that it bottoms out easily and drags the pegs in every corner).Could it just be the 30 year old hoses? :headscratch:

try soaping all the fittings and hoses with near max pressure in it. Worn hoses or loose fitting can leak, A heavy squirt of liquid dishwashing liquid in a glass of warm water and a 1" paintbrush is all you need. Anywhere you get bubbles you have a leak.

havent got to look yet,had some yard work to do,but after dinner I`ll jump on it and let ya`ll know.Yeah I said dinner cause I:m on the other side of the world,it`s later here.

FOUND IT ! It was the valve,not the core but the whole thing where it screws into the block,wasnt tight.Probley just losened over time as the cap gets taken off and on hundreds of times over the years...sounds good anyway........